Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
Chartered Financial Analyst to serve as Portfolio Manager to municipal clients, and potential clients in Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, trade and manage fixed income portfolios for existing clients. Total client AUM is approximatley $1 billion.
- Solicit bids, evaluate and execute trades for fixed income securities in client portfolios
- Collect and maintain post trade execution information
- Use Bloomberg Analytics to provide analysis (i.e. shock, duration analysis) and structure current and prospective client portfolios
- Provide market intelligence, updates and strategy suggestions as requested by business development
- Work with business development and account management representatives as necessary to facilitate client portfolio presentations and updates
- Provide training and guidance to other Umbaugh staff on use of the Bloomberg Terminal and other industry platforms
- Occasional travel to assist business development team
- Demonstrated knowledge of soliciting, analyzing and placing trades using a Bloomberg Terminal
- Ability to use other trading platforms such as MarketAxess and Tradeweb
- Working knowledge of municipal bonds preferred
- Some familiarity with retirement funds preferred
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required
- CFA designation required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with trading securities, preferably fixed income securities via Bloomberg
- Solid understanding of the fixed income securities markets
- Experience working with and supporting institutional clients
- Ability to work well with clients and prospective clients via teleconference and in-person
Umbaugh provides a positive work environment with an active mentoring program, collaboration between coworkers, and advancement opportunities. The Firm provides a minimum of 40 hours per year of paid continuing professional education.
Umbaugh provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or other legally-protected status.