Junior Equity Analyst
Seeking a Junior Equity Analyst with a minimum of 2 years of fundamental equity research experience.
- An incremental addition to the equity analyst team to initially provide general research support, with eventual specific sector/industry assignments.
- Primarily a mid-cap to large cap focus on domestic and ADR securities.
- Familiarity with and examination of the entire equity universe within areas of stated coverage.
- Analyze existing holdings, providing regular analysis of information flow, and help identify new, long-term (3-5 years) investment opportunities based on fundamental analysis.
- Identify and analyze key factors that could drive each security.
- Recommend action to the firm’s investment policy committee which makes all investment decisions.
- A strong work ethic and demonstrated passion for investing
- Analysis that “thinks outside the box” in identifying catalysts including the potential for change not broadly recognized
- Ability to work as part of a team, and acceptance of committee guidance, directives and decisions
- Ability to multi-task and to provide coverage of multiple sectors
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Bloomberg or Factset
- Proficiency with modeling on Microsoft Excel
- Ideally an MBA and or CFA, or an in-process candidate
- Inverness Counsel is a leading, privately owned Registered Investment Advisor founded in 1967 and located at 845 Third Avenue in New York City. Asset under management total over $3 billion, including institutional and multi-generational wealth across a broad array of asset classes and investment strategies.