At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for a DDQ Specialist to join us in Singapore. The DDQ Specialist is an individual contributor role, with responsibility for completing Due Diligence Questionnaires and other complex questionnaires (deep product reviews involving investment process, compliance, ESG and operational due diligence topics) for existing clients, across Asia Pacific region, and selectively other regions. This role is highly interactive and requires close teamwork with internal clients (Sales, Client Services and Consultant Relations) and other business partners globally in order to meet critical timelines and provide accurate and timely information to existing clients. This role is also instrumental in developing and enhancing written client responses related to detailed product reviews involving fixed income, equity, multi-solutions and alternatives (hedge fund of funds and real estate). As such, solid English writing skills is fundamental.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Response content development and delivery
- Undertakes an initial review of all documents relating to assigned requests, identifies relevant requirements, and establishes where to access the required information
- Discusses client requirements with business partners to identify responses that meet these requirements
- Independently prepares first drafts of responses for review
- Prioritizes own workload to adhere to the project timeline, highlighting any challenges or resource constraints in advance
- Review and approval
- Reviews own work to ensure consistency with best practice guidelines and that draft responses meet external client requirements and accurately position the organization
- Collaborates with our external vendor in Bangalore for assignments requiring close coordination and/or oversight from in-house global DDQ team
- Building relationships
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues and business partners
- Develops understanding of external clients and their requirements, our investment products, and distribution and product management priorities
- Uses relationships and understanding to develop responses to complex external client retention requests, including highly demanding clients in Asia with tight deadlines
- Database content management
- Supports the update of existing content, distinguishing between opportunity-specific customization and generic content
- Utilizes the feedback function to share details of updates
- Leads and/or participates in ongoing initiatives to support global business requirements, such as training, reporting, and tools or systems development and maintenance
- Actively uses automation tools, including supporting content refreshes and quality checks to speed up delivery of lengthy questionnaires
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- University degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 3 - 5 years' experience with RFPs/DDQs and at least 1 year working experience in the asset management industry
- Demonstrated asset management RFP (request for proposal), operational due diligence or analytically based content writing experience, preferably in a global environment
- Understanding of institutional and retail asset management, plus good knowledge of financial markets globally
- Broad product knowledge, across equity, fixed income, real estate and alternatives (or experience/education to develop this knowledge quickly)
- CFA or other professional financial qualification would be advantageous
- Good verbal and written communication skills, plus strong proofreading skills
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels of seniority and across multiple cultures
- Flexible and adaptable, ability to adjust to changes in workflow and succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Meticulous and has an eye for detail across all aspects of data, language and grammar, and general layout and presentation
- Team-player, tactful and diplomatic, able to work constructively with colleagues across the entire global team
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and genuine interest in learning
- Excellent project management and organization skills, able to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint, and experience of content database software
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, " I AM Franklin Templeton ."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.