Credit Risk Rating Analyst
As a Credit Risk Rating Analyst, you would be responsible for the validation of risk rating assessments and of rating modelling frameworks that are currently been used by investments to assess the risk rating of each obligor that our client is exposed to.
The successful applicant will gain exposure and experience in assessing the risk rating of obligors across the whole range of industries, sector and asset classes including commercial real estate loans. The senior credit risk rating analyst is also responsible in conducting credit and economic research to assess the current and prospective risks and contribute towards the set of credit risk monitoring tools, which enable the Credit and Market Risk team to assess risks and risk manage the portfolio of assets that our client is exposed to. As a centralised function, the team works across the business to provide risk oversight to aggregate credit and market risk exposures of our client.
The ideal candidate will be able to take individual responsibility for the validation activity, while working proactively with other members of the team to increase the overall knowledge base. A significant part of this role will involve working with other teams within the investment function. The successful candidate requires sound communication, writing and presentation skills as the role will regularly involve interaction with other teams within the investment function and key senior stakeholders to discuss and present risk review papers submitted to sanctioning committees. It will also require close interaction with members of the LifeCo's risk function on risk rating related matters. In return for the above, the successful applicant will join a dynamic team with genuine passion for their roles and a strong desire to help the company achieve its goals.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly review and assess independently the creditworthiness of a portion of the portfolio of our client. Communicate results of the work to risk committees to compliment the risk oversight process.
- Evaluate the risk rating of the proposed new investments to assess whether the current assessment is appropriate and accurate are suitable for purchase.
Evaluate the current and prospective risks of investments by sector when appropriate, in order to ensure that risks are properly identified, monitored and managed. Contribute to departmental discussions on risk strategy, including economic and market forecasting
- Assist with presentations to internal committees to enable the audience to gain a good understanding of the work of the department. Participate actively to regular risk rating committees.
- Maintain good relationships with market makers rating agencies and other third parties to extract best value from external research and advice.
- Continue own development, especially credit research skills, in line with the team's and the group's objectives.
Generic Company Accountabilities (Risk Management & Controls):
- Ensure familiarity with risk management programs, as they impact this position, and follow appropriate risk management procedures to control, monitor and report on business activities
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, regulatory, professional & legal requirements
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to gather information and use it to draw sound conclusions.
- Likely to have some experience of credit analysis or equity research
- A record of clear, detailed and well-argued credit reports
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Microsoft office, databases, and Bloomberg.
- Demonstrate good judgment in the assessment of credit rating reviews and in the assessment of investment strategy
- 5yrs+ research experience gained working for one of the top three reputable rating agencies
- CFA preferred