INVESTMENT OFFICER III, PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM
Our Opportunistic Strategies unit is currently seeking an Investment Officer II/ Investment Officer III to help establish an overall strategy for all CalPERS Opportunistic Strategies portfolio and drive our CalPERS mission.
Duties included but are not limited to:
- Analyze historical and current performance of managers using various key parameters and stay up to date on managers regarding Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLO); evaluate the platform of managers including portfolio management system, trading system, settlement, and compliance; review trustee reports and active monitoring of CLO portfolio and ensure the activities of the managers conform to the legal indenture.
- Negotiate deal terms with underwriters, managers and investors in different tranches across the capital structure; Conduct cash flow analysis to ensure proper pricing and tie it back to deal documents.
- Assist in direct day to day implementation of investment strategies and policies in the CalPERS Opportunistic Strategies portfolios to ensure that these investments earn the highest rate of return at strategically targeted risk levels.
- Perform analysis of relative valuations on a large scale of securities to determine appropriate sector allocations for the CalPERS Opportunistic Strategies portfolios.
Desirable Qualifications In addition to evaluating each candidate's relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- 3 to 5 years of structured product experience in a structuring or trading capacity with a portion of the experience dedicated specifically in CLOs.
- Advanced financial analysis and problem solving skills, including performing in-depth analysis of structured product securities.
- Demonstrated track record of establishing and maintaining positive relationship with a broad range of internal and external business partners.
- Strong computer skills with working experience and fluency with in Excel, VBA, SQL and Intex.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as polished presentation skills.
- Analytical thinker, quantitative, organized, capacity to process and interpret information quickly, ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Experience working within a public sector or similar environment is beneficial.
- Professional certification such as an MBA, CFA or other advanced degree.
- Promotes teamwork and cross-functional collaboration with strong interpersonal skills.