Director of Institutional Sales
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, detail-oriented institutional sales and client service professional with excellent interpersonal skills to join Jensen Investment Management. The nearly 30 year old firm has grown to $8 billion of assets under management based upon its reputation for integrity, its culture of independence and employee ownership and a solid long term performance record. The firm manages separate accounts for individuals and institutions and two mutual funds, The Jensen Quality Growth Fund (JQGF) and The Jensen Quality Value Fund (JQVF).
At Jensen Investment Management, our pursuit of quality defines us. We bring clients an unwavering dedication to a consistent investment process while striving to provide exceptional client service. The strength of our investment philosophy is built on a long-term perspective and a commitment to investing in quality businesses. Jensen Investment Management is managed by five Managing Directors with experience in a variety of industries. The firm and the investment portfolios are managed utilizing a team approach. Portfolios are constructed in a fundamental style, driven by in-depth analysis of businesses derived from a qualifying universe of approximately 230 companies. The portfolios are focused, generally consisting of 25 – 30 holdings for the JQGF and 50 – 60 holdings for the JQVF. Substantially all of the assets under management are within the quality growth strategy, either in separately managed accounts or the JQGF. For more details about Jensen, please visit our website at www.jenseninvestment.com.
The Director of Institutional Sales is responsible for leading business development and client service for the institutional and intermediary sales with a collaborative approach within a boutique investment firm. Requirements include knowledge of firm’s domestic equity (long- only) products, philosophy and process. Strong presentation and communication skills and ability to self-motivate are essential, as are knowledge of equities and measurement statistics.
- Manage the prospecting, promotion and distribution of the firm’s investment strategies within the institutional marketplace.
- Expand relationships with current consultants, OCIOs, select RIA and National Accounts through proactively developing and creating ongoing client initiatives.
- Lead the firm’s institutional strategy and create and update annual institutional business plan.
- Manage the prospecting, promotion and distribution of the firm’s investment strategies within the institutional marketplace
- Expand relationships with current consultants, OCIOs, select RIA and National Accounts through developing and proactively, creating ongoing client initiatives
- Develop and promote interest in additional distribution channels and/or share class offerings for existing clients
- Represent Jensen at various institutional investment conferences across the US
- Coordinate and host on site due diligence meetings
- Initiates and follows up on new business opportunities
- Oversee coordination and responses to routine and ad hoc requests from clients and prospects
- Participate in team meetings and ensures issues are appropriately escalated
- Manage pipeline and provides reporting to key internal partners on a regular basis
- Create and update annual institutional business plan
- Prepare and present quarterly updates at internal board and JQGF board meetings
- Assist in the development and launching of new products
- Acts as a liaison to the investment management group to ensure active, enthusiastic support of the sales process
- Expected travel is at least 60% out of office to start
- Supervise two employees on the Sales and Marketing team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm’s policies and applicable laws.
Education & Experience
- Have at least 10 years relevant senior level (investment consulting or investment management) experience, at least 5 of which have been within institutional business development
- Experience with consultant community highly preferred
- Strong project management skills in order to balance multiple high-priority tasks
- Be comfortable working in a small business environment
- Communicate effectively with all Jensen clients and employees
- Produce reports and document procedures
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA and or CFA, CIMA preferred
- Strong presentations skills
- Broad knowledge of investments and investment vehicles
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations
- Series 7 and 63 required
- CFA and or CIMA preferred
Computer & Mathematical Skills
- Must be adept at using various applications which may include database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to calculate figures and amounts with accuracy.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to execute tasks in a timely and proficient manner.
- Maintains a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Must work closely with other team members and also be able to work independently.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
- Must communicate and influence effectively, both verbally and in writing, with prospects, clients, employees and other vendors.
Compensation & Benefits
- Jensen Investment Management offers competitive compensation and an expansive benefits plan including gym membership, 100% employee medical insurance, profit sharing plan, discretionary cash bonus and other benefits. Opportunity to become a shareholder.
- If you meet the qualifications and are interested in the position, please email your resume and cover letter to Eric Schoenstein at email@example.com. In the email subject field type “Director of Institutional Sales”. All submissions will be treated in confidence.