Verus is in search of a Portfolio Manager to join our downtown Seattle office. Candidates should have experience in overseeing a broad range of asset classes and complex fund strategies, an understanding of market environment and investment management. Candidates should demonstrate knowledge of portfolio and risk management concepts.
The Portfolio Manager is primarily responsible for constructing and managing portfolios over which we have discretion. They will perform appropriate research and analysis on possible products for inclusion in portfolios and will interact with the risk and research teams during that analysis. They will work as part of the investment team on the strategy process for the firm and will translate agreed tilts into portfolios. They will then implement the decisions reached and approved and will work with the operations team to ensure effective trading outcomes. They will interact with the consultants throughout to ensure appropriate client goals are met.
- Interact with clients and consultants to ensure SAA, IPS and portfolio structure are appropriate and likely to meet client goals
- Be a major contributor to the broad investment ideation process for the firm
- Be responsible for specific client portfolios where Verus has discretion. This responsibility covers all areas of the portfolio where we have discretion
- Propose appropriate portfolio structure, including product selection, to ensure the portfolio meets client needs
- Perform appropriate analysis to support the investment decisions being made, and develop needed investment and risk tools to make these decisions scalable
- Interact with operations and compliance team to ensure all aspects of the investment process are effectively implemented for client portfolios
- Be involved in the client sales and onboarding process. This will involve occasional travel to prospects and clients, and participation where appropriate in finals pitches
- Represent the firm, where needed, in conferences, press appearances, and other appropriate venues
Verus is an independent, employee-owned, provider of non-discretionary consulting and discretionary management services to a wide variety of institutional investors, including endowments and foundations, corporate defined benefit and defined contribution plans, public pension plans, and multi-employer trusts. We are headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in Los Angeles & San Francisco.
Our clients rely on us for the thoughtfulness of our investment research and personalized approach to their portfolios. Through independent, impartial advice and investment expertise, our professionals strive to be the driving force that empowers clients to achieve their enterprise objectives. We are looking for talented professionals who embody our firm values of diligence, professionalism, expertise, client service, and collaboration.
Our boutique culture allows opportunities for career development and cross-departmental collaboration. On top of strengthening growth and partnerships in the work environment, Verus provides a competitive benefits package, and promotes healthy living through work/life quality and flexibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- CFA, Master’s Degree and CAIA desirable
- Ten or more years of experience in portfolio management, manager research, external portfolio manager programs, and/or institutional consulting
For consideration, include resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Verus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors