Liquidity Funding Controller, Manager
C o mpany Profile
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
ISG Finance is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial reporting for the Firm, which includes preparing external financial reports for public filings & regulators, whilst working internally on Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA). This includes summarising, planning and forecasting the organisation's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings.
· Monthly production and development of the EMEA CFO Liquidity Reporting Pack
· Oversight and production cover of daily Liquidity Treasury KRI's
· Monthly production and development of EMEA Business Unit reviews
· Weekly/monthly/quarterly submissions of both internal and externally used Liquidity information e.g. UK Risk Committee, UK Board, ManCom, ALCO, PRA Bank submission and UK Disclosures
· Accountancy qualification, alternately MBA, ACT or CFA qualification.
· Able to interpret detailed information and identify potential solutions / treatments for issues identified.
· Good communication skills to be able to work with internal stakeholders across the firm to obtain an understanding of complex issues and extract required information.
· Experience of producing documentation to support internal processes.
· Ability to produce succinct presentation materials to a high standard to support internal discussions.
· Knowledge of financial products e.g. fixed income, equities, derivatives and the associated accounting treatments.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.