Manager Research - Quantitative Equity Analyst
SEI’s Investment Management Unit (IMU) has openings for an Analyst to conduct research on quantitative equity managers. Working within the Manager Research division, the key objective of the role is to identify managers with superior skills and competitive advantages for SEI’s research platform. This platform is focused on helping clients meet their unique investment objectives through the benefits of active multi-manager portfolios. Research is utilized by and provided to internal and external clients through SEI’s directly managed mutual funds and separate accounts or via packaged research services to third-party financial enterprises.
- Lead the manager research process for existing managers as well as potential candidates, identifying, researching, selecting and monitoring active quantitative equity, passive equity and smart beta strategies.
- Conduct in-depth due diligence through a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis to assess manager skill. Due diligence will include data analysis, manager conference calls and on-site visits, and preparation of written due diligence reports
- Analyze manager portfolios to understand drivers of risk and return, alpha composition and the robustness of the strategy in various market environments. The analysis is focused on assessing a manager’s competitive advantage versus its relevant peers
- Compose cogent, refutable investment theses for recommended managers, focused on investment edge
- Retain accountability for recommended manager decisions
- Manage ongoing relationships with existing investment managers
- Work closely with asset class specialists, including internal factor-based equity team located in Oaks and London.
- Develop analytic tools for evidence-based identification of manager skill for use across manager research platform.
- Respond to various requests from other teams within the investment unit and SEI’s market units
This role also carries a long-term responsibility to help further develop and implement a process driven culture in a constructive fashion. Delivering convictions with an open mind and the ability to work well in a team environment is essential.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in mathematics or related field such as statistics or econometrics. MBA, CFA or progress toward CFA a strong plus.
- Minimum 3 years conducting manager research, with preference for due diligence on quantitative equity managers, or conducting risk modeling for equity portfolio strategies and working with related portfolio management teams.
- Prior responsibility or experience developing or designing equity factor, risk or optimization models.
- Quantitative equity portfolio management experience or responsibilities a strong plus.
- Deep working knowledge of investment strategies and capital markets
- Coding or programming skills a strong plus
Key Competencies Required For the Role:
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented and ability to synthesis data and make deductive decisions.
- Ability to distill mathematical concepts and quantitative investment methods into plain English. Good writing and oral skills mandatory.
- Robust organization skills and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Willingness to take initiative, exercise independent judgment and act decisively
- Intellectually curious, creative and open-minded
- Passion for investing
- Willingness to travel
Location and Travel:
This position will be based at corporate headquarters in Oaks, PA or the SEI NYC office. Travel for this position will be required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to move around the office and from building to building which may expose the individual to weather conditions outside. The individual has to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the environment is moderate and the individual must be able to communicate and exchange information with people in person and over the telephone and email.
Please be aware that SEC Rule 206(4)-5 “Political Contributions by Certain Investment Advisers” (the “Rule”) may place certain restrictions on certain subsidiaries of SEI as a result of your past and future political contributions. Therefore, an offer for this position may be contingent on you providing SEI, a completed questionnaire regarding political contributions made by you and members of your household, and that SEI may reject your application if SEI determines in its sole discretion that the effect of such political contributions under the Rule could have an adverse impact on SEI’s current or prospective business activities and strategies. Any misrepresentation of or omission of any contributions from this information request will be cause for your rejection or dismissal from employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Fintech/Insurtech CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Fintech/Insurtech CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Fintech/Insurtech CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Fintech/Insurtech CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors