Powering Possibilities …for Today & Tomorrow!
A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada’s top 50 Socially Responsible Companies since 2009, recognized as a global leader for sustainability and corporate responsibility standards. TransAlta operates 75 facilities in three countries; Australia, Canada, and United States.
TransAlta is committed to fostering a dynamic, productive and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountability, strong leadership and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
The Investment Analyst performs timely, accurate, and comprehensive financial analysis on significant growth projects being evaluated by the company. Specifically, this role provides support to the M&A and Strategic Corporate Development group, as well as the Greenfield Development group. The Investment Analyst performs financial analysis of other corporate initiatives, such as drop-down financing activities, corporate acquisitions, and other significant corporate initiatives.
- Performing timely, accurate and comprehensive financial analysis of growth opportunities.
- Producing overviews, reports, and presentations of results to Managers within the M&A and Strategic Corporate Development and Greenfield Development groups.
- Performing ad hoc analysis, including the creation of financial models and analysis of business trends to support the growth of the business.
- Participation within a deal team to revise and update analyses as parameters of a deal change.
- Ensuring all inputs to financial models have been agreed to and signed off by sponsoring project manager (from within Greenfield and M&A teams).
- Delivering accurate analyses of corporate impacts of investment decisions for both TransAlta and TransAlta Renewables.
- Staying current on valuation techniques.
- Ensuring consistency in approach and output for all corporate financial modeling.
- Degree and/or professional designation in, finance, economics, or business.
- CFA preferred, or working towards CFA.
- Experience in financial spreadsheet modelling. Expert level Excel skills.
- Well-developed understanding of valuation techniques and financial metrics.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of key financial metrics that generate value for TransAlta.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at various stages and to prioritize with the assistance of Manager.
- Cross-functional communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with people at all organizational levels.
- Ability to adapt to changing work assignments and priorities.
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta’s excellent employment proposition. Come on board!
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.