Analyst - Valuation Control – Commodities
The main function of this role will be to assist the Senior Manager Commodities in independently assessing the valuation of ALL assets and liabilities within the respective Financial Markets business. Additional responsibilities would be the calculation and assessment of market and model reserves in light of known model deficiencies.
To assist the Senior Manager Commodities to ensure that the Valuation Control Commodities responsibilities as a function are met. These include,
- Responsibility for the all independent valuation (intra month and month-end) of all assets and liabilities using multiple external vendor services pricing. Provide 100% balance sheet coverage.
- Providing timely information to the relevant product controller on the impacts to their books.
- Calculation and analysis of reserves.
- Analysis of model deficiencies.
- Production of monthly pack which clearly states the over or undervaluation as compared to front office.
- Review and implement Independent Pricing methodologies.
- Ensure ALL trades are marked to fair value.
- Identify pricing issues for complex derivative trades.
- Establish best practice valuation techniques.
Ensure a robust and optimized Prudential Valuation Framework for Commodities