Investment Banking Analyst
Purpose of the Role:
Initially the ideal candidate will provide day to day support in the origination and execution of ECM and M&A projects, and experience considerable exposure to other aspects of Investment Banking. Career progression will lead ultimately to managing and leading deals. To be considered for this role, you must have exceptional financial analysis and modelling skills, and a broad understanding of investment banking products.
Attention to detail and organisation skills are essential, and you should demonstrate exceptional communication and team working abilities. Relevant qualifications such as the CFA or CISI Corporate Finance are preferential, although not essential.
Head of Corporate Finance and Head of Corporate Broking
- Detailed financial modelling, with excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Preparation of high quality and accurate pitch books and presentations with an excellent working knowledge of PowerPoint
- Analyse companies' financial information and present findings both orally and in writing.
- Assist with execution and project management of corporate finance transactions including fundraising, M&A and restructurings
- Assist with the day to day maintenance of retained corporate clients
- Interaction with clients and advisors
- Undertake any projects or other work as required by the company.
- Training, coaching and mentoring of Graduates.
Front office staff
Back office staff, specifically Compliance
Board members and management team
Permanent contract after 3 months probationary period
40 hours per week
5 weeks holiday
Contributory pension scheme
Discounted gym membership (Virgin Active or Nuffield Health)
PMI & Life assurance
Skills, Attributes and Credentials:
At least 6 months experience in a similar role (e.g bulge bracket or corporate finance/broking boutique), assisting with deal origination and execution, or recently qualified ACA or Lawyer
Educated to Degree level
A comprehensive understanding of the role and the department
Excellent modelling skills
Familiarisation and experience in financial platforms
Experience in gathering analysis materials, and preparing presentations and pitch books
Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
Excellent oral and written communication
Accurate, detail oriented and logical
Self-motivated, and able to plan own time effectively
Enthusiasm and a flexible approach to tasks and workload
Able to demonstrate a proactive and innovative attitude to tasks
Able to prioritise key tasks and meet strict deadlines
Awareness of Capital Markets
Liberum Capital Limited is a UK based independent investment bank with an “all cap” focus. Liberum is based in London and also has a wholly owned US subsidiary which provides access to the European markets for institutional investors based in North America. The principal activity of the Group is the provision of institutional and corporate stock-broking services, focused on cash equities and investment banking.
The core activities are:
- Research, Sales and Execution - in large and mid-cap European equities, small cap UK equities and closed end investment funds listed on the London Stock Exchange or Euronext exchange or traded on AIM. It also provides sales, trading and execution services in convertible bonds.
- Market Making - in small and mid-cap UK equities and closed end investment funds.
- Investment Banking - provides corporate finance, corporate broking and advisory services to public and private companies and closed end investment funds.
Liberum started trading in 2007 and has had 10 consecutive profitable years. We believe clients are looking for a more tailored service and we aim to be proactive and innovative in our approach and deal with clients responsibly and fairly.
As a business Liberum endeavours to hire and retain people of the highest calibre. The culture is one of shared and collective responsibility and to this end the company is 100% employee owned.