Senior Commodity Credit Risk Analyst
- Primary role is as a senior member of the Global Credit Risk function reporting to the deputy Global Head of Credit.
- Supplementary role as head of risk for VTBC Hong Kong - providing local coverage for market & operational risk in addition to credit risk - reporting to the Global Chief Risk Officer.
- To provide forensic and critical analysis based on financial statements, model forecasts, third party valuations and due diligence meetings with our counterparties.
- Identify and quantify risk drivers including the creation of stress tests in transaction structures.
- Prepare credit memoranda advising risk mitigation options and making risk appetite recommendations.
- Follow up on transaction execution. Ensure loans/trades are properly booked / recorded / monitored, credit terms are incorporated in termsheets / confirmations and underlying documentation properly developed
- Maintain a portfolio of counterparties and monitor limits and exposures of the various credit systems, ensuring that any limit violations are resolved
- Risk portfolio under management will require close oversight, ensuring daily exposure to all types of loan-type products, liaison with sales and traders functions; as well as extensive interaction with all support functions of the Bank including Operations, Legal, Compliance and Loan Portfolio Management
- Support the rest of the credit risk team with other transaction requests and periodic reviews.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- ACA/ CFA or equivalent
- 5+ years PQE
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant equivalent working experience in Corporate Finance or Risk Management roles.
- Natural Resources sector knowledge covering the full spectrum of Investment Grade and Non-Investment Grade counterparties
- Experience in leading complex client credit due diligence following key risk events or for on-boarding of new non-Investment Grade clients
- Strong knowledge of loan and trading documentation (ISDA/CSAs) with an ability to recommend enhancements to deal structure on complex cases
- Ability to identify transaction-associated risks as well as demonstrate an appreciation of legal, compliance and reputational aspects of all transactions
- The candidate will need to operate in a fast moving dynamic organization, whilst maintaining balance between the business expansion requirements and prudent risk management
- Demonstrable business and sector awareness and a keen appreciation of market and industry developments
- Independent decision maker with ability to support and defend conclusions
- Strong credit risk skills and knowledge of financial products would be desirable
- Perfect fluency in oral and written Mandarin & English. Russian, whilst beneficial, is not essential.
Typical Decisions taken by Job Holder
- Independent assessment of an Obligor's credit worthiness and credit limit recommendation
- Independent assessment of credit risks embedded in individual transaction, structures and portfolios
- Proposal and enforcement of risk mitigating solutions
- Early warning signs monitoring, building broad relationships with counterparties, and being pro-active in risk management in general
- Close oversight of the regional loan portfolio and if necessary calculation and recommendation of provisions