A growing International Corporate Bank with an exciting road ahead.
The Treasury team sits as part of the finance function and is responsible for all aspects of the funding and liquidity management framework and strategy, including debt capital markets transactions and interest rate risk in the banking book.
The team that will report into this role are responsible for:
- Producing all liquidity reports including the regulatory returns.
- First line responsibility for liquidity risk , with the team taking responsibility for the parameterisation of Bank's internal liquidity stresses.
- Responsible for the own funds P&L which results in close engagement in the setting of Bank wide strategy and budgeting.
- On a day-to-day basis the team ensures that the Bank's liquidity and funding positions (including the liquid asset buffer) are actively and efficiently managed.
- Treasury owns the Bank's methodologies for funds transfer pricing and is mandated to ensure that liquidity risk is correctly and transparently recharged to the business.
- As a key knowledge centre within the wider team is actively involved in translating the impact of new liquidity/funding regulation on the Bank's business model and product pricing.
The overarching purpose of this role is to provide run-the-bank Treasury leadership and management and implementation of strategic initiatives in support of the Treasurer. This role requires a focus on funds transfer pricing and liquidity risk methodologies, in addition to the provision of leadership and guidance to other team SMEs responsible for: Treasury P&L analytics, liquidity headroom management, funding planning and budgeting, regulatory reporting and IRRBB management.
The breadth of the teams responsibilities will result in interaction with a wide range of stakeholders, in particular the front office business heads and executive members of the ALCO for the successful Deputy Treasurer.
As a number 2 role this Deputy Treasurer position will be an important hire for the bank, and the successful individual would be viewed as part of the succession plan.
We are looking for an experienced treasury professional with an excellent academic background, ideally coupled with a professional qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, ACT, CFA).
Key skills and experience that would be an strong advantage include:
- Experience implementing FTP and liquidity risk models and methodologies.
- Previous liquidity stress testing experience.
- Detailed knowledge of funding and liquidity regulations.
- Previous experience building out Financial/Treasury models and systems.
- Experience working within Treasury/ALM/Liquidity risk and experience managing Treasury stakeholders including the front office, finance, risk and IT.
- Strong financial product knowledge; previous experience in a trading/markets facing role.
- Team management and leadership experience.
An excellent chance to join a company that will give you huge exposure, and the chance to really get involved in what is going on within their entire treasury function.