Investment Officer - Fixed Income
- This position assists in the management of the Fixed Income unit's analytics and performance reporting.
- Provides meaningful and timely analysis for portfolio managers at a strategic, tactical, or security level.
- Assists in management of internal portfolio databases and portfolio analytics.
- Maintains records of portfolio transactions and asset holdings.
- Ensures analytics' database accurately model portfolio assets.
- Oversees investment policy compliance.
- Ensures that fixed income assets are accurately represented in the data warehouse.
- Maintains congruency between custodial databases, external consultant data, and internal portfolio analytics.
- Works cooperatively with WSIB and the custodian's accounting staff to resolve issues.
- Prepares and analyzes performance reporting from the custodian bank for accuracy.
- Provides performance attribution relevant to the portfolio manager decision-making.
- Prepares data for reports or presentations for the Board, staff, and the Department of Labor and Industries.
- Maintains reports of country and industry weightings, interest rate, and credit risk.
- Creates presentations when requested.
- Working knowledge of security structures held across the sectors used in the fixed income portfolio management, to include government, credit, mortgage, and structured product, including asset-backed securities and collateralized mortgage obligations, as well as a working knowledge of the benchmark indices.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business or related field and four years of fixed income investment experience in any of the following categories; company analysis, industry analysis, portfolio management, economic analysis, and related finance experience. Experience does not include managing your personal portfolio.
- A relevant Master's degree and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation may substitute for a maximum of two years of experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- A working knowledge of fixed income products, markets, and portfolio management.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Access, Excel, Bloomberg, PowerPoint, and Word. SQL coding ability and/or familiarity with MS SQL Server Management Studio a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, critical thinker, as well as possess the ability to work collaboratively.
Note: The WSIB may elect to fill this position as an IO or AIO depending on applicants education, experience, and qualifications.
- Opportunities for professional development, training, growth and advancement.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- A comprehensive benefits package; including health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, vacation, sick, military and civil leave, 11 paid holidays per year.
- Membership in the Public Employees' Retirement System.
- Opportunities to participate in the Deferred Compensation and Dependent Care Assistance Programs.
The Washington State Investment Board is a dedicated global investment management organization with assets under management in excess of $110 billion. WSIB's globally diversified portfolios are comprised of more than 14,000 securities across 74 countries on six continents and in 49 currencies. WSIB's central mandate is to maximize return at a prudent level of risk.
WHY WORK AT WSIB?
WSIB is a respected institutional investor and thought leader in its industry. A solid reputation and large scale offer the opportunity to invest in the world's leading investors on behalf of more than 500,000 public employee beneficiaries.
We are located in Olympia, on the southernmost tip of Puget Sound. Olympians enjoy a quality of life enhanced by natural beauty and a mild year-round climate that promotes outdoor activities such as skiing, sailing, fishing, hiking, kayaking, and mountain climbing. Its close proximity to Seattle provides a variety of cultural and culinary experiences, while its residents enjoy a lower cost of living. Within a two-hour drive from Olympia are the Pacific Ocean, the Cascade and Olympic Mountains, and Seattle.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT - WWW. CAREERS.WA. GOV In addition to a complete profile, please attach: • A cover letter specifying why this position is of interest to you, and how you meet the qualifications listed above. This letter should be no more than two pages. • A current chronological résumé.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
CONTACT: Mary Hougan HR@sib.wa.gov 360-956-4716
The Washington State Investment Board is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons of disability needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, please contact Mary Hougan, Human Resources Consultant at (360) 956-4716 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.