Job title: Markets Analyst
Reports to: VP - Markets
The Markets Analyst works as a support to the VP – Markets, to gather and analyze pertinent information regarding the variety of markets, in which STAG actively invests. The position produces recommendations for market rent growth in the acquisition/underwriting process, as well as for disposition and Asset Management purposes. In addition to rent growth, the analyst participates in research initiatives at the directive of the VP and Senior Management, with topics ranging from capital markets, macro-economic outlook, portfolio composition, and other investment strategy projects.
Duties and responsibilities
The Markets Analyst is responsible for:
- Preparing initial drafts for markets sections for new acquisitions
- Performing current assessments of the markets STAG actively invests and owns within
- Providing weekly market rent growth recommendations for each deal prospected
- Staying up-to-date on big picture issues such as nation-wide industrial real estate fundamentals and the US macro-economic outlook
- Supporting and assisting with various additional research and internal management initiatives as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Economics, Finance, or Math
- CFA Level I Candidate or above preferred
- Strong Excel skills/competency
- Familiarity with economic data and analysis of similar data sets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort and proficiency with public speaking/making presentations
Occasional travel to visit prospected markets.
Markets Analyst has no subordinates.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please indicate the job title in the subject line of the email.
STAG has a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all.