The Investment Associate will be part of a ten-person investment team that manages over $8 billion in assets on behalf of ultra-high-net-worth families. The Investment Associate will report to a senior-level Investment Director and will have exposure to a broad range of asset classes, including public and private equity and hedge funds, and geographies.
Brandywine Group Advisors (BGA), located in New York City, engages in asset allocation and manager selection similar to an endowment or foundation, with a focus on total return and a very long-term investment horizon. In terms of investment performance, it allocates capital to and maintains strong relationships with world-class managers and, as a result, its investment returns have exceeded relevant benchmarks by a significant margin. BGA also gains insight and strategic guidance from a small, highly experienced Investment Committee.
BGA is part of the Brandywine Trust Group, which was founded in 1989 to provide fiduciary and investment services to a limited number of families, including the founder’s, the objective being to achieve scale and professionalism in the management of the families’ affairs while preserving their independence from large financial institutions. Brandywine’s only clients are a small group of multi-generational families with substantial assets and long term, equity-oriented investment goals. Brandywine’s families derive their wealth from various sources, including brokerage, investment banking, venture capital, real estate and part ownership of a Fortune 500 company.
The Trust Group is structured as follows: Brandywine Trust Company (BTC) is a privately-held Delaware trust company that serves as trustee, adviser, and account administrator to the client families. Various Brandywine Trust partnerships are maintained to serve as pooled investment vehicles for the family accounts. BGA provides investment expertise, advice, and management to BTC and the partnerships.
BGA seeks a highly motivated professional to provide analytical, research, and investment process support to a small team of generalist investment professionals. He/ she will be a key part of the team, working with them to monitor and shape BGA’s investment portfolio across multiple asset classes.
The Investment Associate will have primary responsibility for the portfolio analytics used to monitor existing investments and evaluate future opportunities. To that end, the Investment Associate will perform rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis of existing managers and pools/ asset classes. In this effort, the Investment Associate will also drive quality and process improvement to refine appropriate reporting and monitoring tools. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Helping perform due diligence on new and existing managers
- Analyzing portfolio performance, exposures, and liquidity; clearly and concisely communicating key conclusions of analysis to the team
- Helping build/ refine and maintain the analytical infrastructure needed to efficiently track key information on the portfolio and underlying managers
- Using appropriate research tools to enhance analysis on new investment strategies and opportunities
- Attending meetings and conference calls with current and prospective investment managers
- Assisting in the preparation of reports that are required by the Investment Committee or for client families
- Contributing to special projects as they arise
This position offers the successful candidate an extraordinary opportunity to apprentice at a highly successful investment platform. He or she will have the opportunity to learn and deepen various skills including gaining an understanding of multiple asset classes, fund manager and opportunity monitoring and assessment, and portfolio management more broadly. The candidate may potentially, in time, be promoted to an Associate Investment Director role, depending entirely on his/her investment acumen, business judgment, and ability to gain the respect and confidence of the CIO and team.
It is critical that the Investment Associate enjoys working closely with a small team with one common goal, where all members “pitch in” without hesitation on any and all tasks that arise. The successful candidate will have superb analytical ability, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong desire to learn about institutional investing. He/she must be a self-starter with the willingness to bring high energy, creativity, and resourcefulness to this position which demands the highest quality work product. As a member of a small team, the successful candidate must have the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities with attention to detail. Finally, the candidate must have a sense of humor and the highest level of integrity.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of one full year of post-undergraduate work experience.
Please Note: This is a pre-MBA/Master’s position.
More searches like this
- Hedge Funds Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors