Senior Credit Analyst
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
Symetra is looking to add a Senior Investment Credit Analyst to their team in Farmington, CT. This individual will focus on investment grade corporate credit in one or more industries of the Symetra investment grade corporate portfolio and will provide research on the issuers within them.
- Performing intensive fundamental credit analysis, and will formulate and effectively communicate investment recommendations that add value to the portfolios.
- Providing quantitative/analytical and qualitative support for investment grade corporate securities.
- Presenting credit ideas to the PM/fixed income team supported by a well-developed investment thesis.
- Working directly with Portfolio Managers, traders and other analysts within the team.
- 5-10+ year's corporate credit research experience on either the buy side or the sell side.
- Experience following multiple credit sectors would be advantageous.
- Ability to provide quantitative/analytical and qualitative evidence to support an investment thesis.
- Comfort dealing with uncertainty and risk, and ability to make investment decisions that are supported by rigorous analysis and communicated with strong conviction.
- Strong understanding of investment concepts, coupled with intellectual curiosity.
- High level of initiative and experience developing and implementing value added investment recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a small, collaborative team, while also communicating and interacting with a larger group of investment professionals.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong academic credentials.
- A Bachelors level degree is required and a post-graduate degree or professional qualification
- CFA is preferred.