Manager / Associate Director - Financial Risk Management - Financial Services Industry - Risk...
About Deloitte China
The Deloitte China network of firms, backed by the global Deloitte network, deliver a full range of audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients. We are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace with 21 offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Hefei, Jinan, Macau, Nanjing, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Ulaanbaantar, Wuhan and Xiamen in China.
Deloitte drives progress. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte invests in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media.
About Risk Advisory
Risk management covers many areas including security and privacy, reputation and control. Our professionals help clients across many industries flag, analyze, evaluate and manage strategic and operational risks while discovering opportunities to create value. If you want to make an impact by helping clients to prevent and manage risk-related issues while creating significant value to their business this may be your chance.
Financial Services Industry team offers the structured enterprise risk management solutions to our clients under the regulation requests of China's financial regulatory authorities, associating our professional analytical skills with our understanding of the clients and the market. Nowadays the team mainly focuses on the service to global financial industry, including banks, securities, insurance, investment sectors and so on.
Work you'll do:
- Steering and/or supporting the business development for all aspects of the risk management for the Hong Kong markets by leveraging Deloitte Network resources
- Leading and/or supporting the delivery of projects, such as the development of project methodologies and solutions
- Building client relationships to be seen as the ‘go to' person and a trusted advisor by senior executives
- Facilitating sound Deloitte Network relationships to enhance close collaboration with partners across Asia Pacific
- Leading and/or supporting business development activities including sales bidding processes and contract management
- Leading and/or supporting eminence building initiatives to strengthen RA' leading position in the provision of GRR related services
- Building and/or maintaining good relationships with key financial services institutions, industry representative bodies and regulatory bodies in Hong Kong and Asia Pacific
- Undertaking scoping and fee negotiation on standard engagements
Your role as a leader:
- Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
The successful candidate should possess risk and regulatory compliance skill sets, as follows:
- 7-10 years' experience from a leading consulting firm and/or a leading financial institution in a risk management sector. Applicants with less experience may be considered for a Manager role
- Familiarity with evolving and complex regulatory environment including Basel III / IFRS 9 / BCBS 239 in the context of financial institutions
- Advanced degree(s) in Risk Management / Mathematics / Engineering / Quantitative Finance / Finance / Economics or related quantitative fields are preferred
- Professional qualification(s) such as CFA, FRM or equivalent are preferred
- Demonstrate deep knowledge in risk management, such as risk modelling, IFRS 9, forecasting and stress testing, data analytics, data management, policies and frameworks, risk strategy, risk planning and process improvement, and/or ICAAP
- Demonstrate different influencing styles, adjusted to different individual styles of clients and managing the buy-in of key decision makers
- Capability to lead / support transformation projects and work effectively with enthusiasm and drive as a member of highly technical teams as required
- Identify, pursue and covert a pipeline of business development opportunities, including cross-selling
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English; fluency in Cantonese and Putonghua would be an advantage. The ideal individual should also be international in their outlook as well as culturally sensitive
- Advance experience in Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Experience working in professional services and Asia Pacific would be an advantage
- Demonstrated high level of ethics and integrity
- Experience with SAS, SQL, MATLAB, R, VBA, and/or Murex preferred
- Candidates with more experience will be considered for Director position
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong is the DTTL member firm in China. Deloitte China practice operates in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau through Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates including Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in Mainland China, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu - Sociedade de Auditores in Macau. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates operating in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau are collectively referred to as Deloitte China.