SENIOR ADVISOR, CLIENT SERVICES (FINANCE)
• Oversee operational excellence and integrity by establishing goals and objectives to promote optimum effectiveness and ensure implementation of appropriate policies and practices that meet the Service Plan goals and objectives.
• Build strong relationships with senior leaders across the City and to be a trusted advisor regarding their business requirements.
• Build their team into a strategic operation that provides outcome-based, effective and efficient services to their department portfolio.
• Identify and manage interdependencies among a number of highly complex, concurrent innovative or specialized projects and work collaboratively across the organization and Finance division to leverage opportunities.
• Provide the Manager, Client Services (Finance) with recommendations on managing critical issues and risks.
• Participate in strategic planning at both the sectional level as well as the provision of expertise to the broader City-wide strategy.
• Ensure a high standard of financial planning, budget, management reporting, and analytical support is delivered consistently to their department portfolio.
• Identify performance, efficiency and innovation improvements on behalf of client departments and prepare financial impact analysis and assist with implementation and provide training.
• Lead and be accountable for their team in its day-to-day activities.
• Lead, motivate and retain a team of high performing employees that is capable of delivering results.
• Coach, mentor and initiate training of staff to guide their professional development and succession planning.
• Lead the implementation of opportunities to increase the productivity of their team, reduce risk to the City and increase quality of service to client departments.
• Lead strategic change to meet organizational goals, particularly in aspects related to decision making and generating consensus.
• Provide qualified strategic and tactical financial advice to staff, departmental clients and other stakeholders.
• Liaise and interact with government agencies, public and private sector organizations, departments and Council to exchange information and acquire knowledge.
• Partner with other leaders within the division to ensure alignment and coordination of broader Finance services for the organization.
• Build effective working relationships at all levels, particularly with senior leaders in client departments across the City, ensuring the highest possible level of client satisfaction and being established as a trusted advisor.
• Build and foster strong working relationships and collaborative arrangements with internal and external customers, stakeholders, business and community leaders, sponsors, public and the media.
• Ability to interact with internal and external key stakeholders, community groups, government agencies, public and private sector organizations.
• Attend Council, Committee and Corporate Leadership Team meetings to represent their department portfolio(s), provide expert advice and recommendations to influence decision-making that have positive outcomes.
• Present findings and recommendations in a compelling way at the senior level.
• Review and approve business proposals, reports prepared by staff for presentations to senior management, Council, stakeholders and recommend changes as required to influence effective decision-making.
• Provide professional consultation, including reports to Council and Committees.
• Identify opportunities and challenges and recommend best practice solutions.
• Act as final review for deliverables developed prior to sending to the Manager, Client Services (Finance) for approval.
• Maintain knowledge of all laws, regulatory, judicial mandates, ordinances, legislative various acts, codes and by-laws set out by Federal, Provincial or Municipal levels of government.
• Ensure that all financial and procedural requirements are carried out in accordance with corporate financial policies.
• Use of effective resource and expense management at all times to meet corporate policies and guidelines.
TEAMWORK AND COOPERATION
• Ability to foster engagement, debate and discuss building of consensus to achieve Strategic Plan goals and objectives.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to achieve Strategic Plan goals and objectives while respecting diverse cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
• Demonstrate success developing and implementing multi-faceted Strategic Plans for diverse stakeholders with wide-ranging impacts.
• Promote teamwork and integration across the organization.
• Demonstrate corporate values at all times.
• Post-secondary degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline.
• CPA designation (CA, CMA, CGA) or CFA or MBA is required.
• Certificate in Lean Six Sigma/Kaizen is considered an asset.
• 5-7 years progressive financial/accounting experience preferably in both a public and unionized environment is an asset
• 2-3 years supervisory leadership experience; Ability to lead, influence, direct and motivate staff.
• Experience leading strategic change to meet organizational goals
• Strong diplomatic, facilitation, influencing, collaborative and consensus-building skills
• Expert knowledge of Municipal, Regional, Provincial and Federal Governments, applicable Legislations and awareness of current social, economic and political priorities
• Ability to interact with internal and external key stakeholders, community groups, government agencies, public and private sector organizations
• Experience developing policies and procedures and ensuring compliance
• Ability to prioritize highly complex tasks with critical deadlines
• Highly-developed analytical skills for complex problem solving
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office/Sharepoint
• Experience working with a large corporate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
TO APPLY: Please apply online, quoting file number: 102772 by March 20, 2018 at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com and search for key words City of Brampton. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.