Westwood Holdings Group, Inc., provides investment management services to institutional investors, private wealth clients and financial intermediaries and manages $23.6 billion in assets as of September 30, 2017. The firm manages a range of investments strategies including U.S. equities, Global and Emerging Markets equities, Global Convertible securities, Multi-Asset and Master Limited Partnerships. Westwood benefits from significant, broad-based employee ownership and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “WHG.” Based in Dallas, TX, Westwood also maintains offices in Toronto, Canada, Boston, MA and Houston, TX.
Responsible for supporting the investment research process and following the direction of portfolio managers and senior analysts. This includes working on specific assignments such as company due diligence and financial modeling. This position is a starting point within research, with an emphasis on basic research support.
- Works closely with senior research analysts and portfolio managers to understand the strategy and direction of specified portfolios.
- Creates and maintains a variety of computer spreadsheets and financial models (company, industry/sector, macro).
- Collects industry and company data through a variety of channels, including sell-side research firms, internal and external databases, trade publications, and online sources
- Completes increasing number and complexity of research assignments and demonstrate a good grasp of basic, fact-based research skills
- Participates in team meetings and general investment team meetings
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Minimum Education Required: (include field of study)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Specific Experience Required:
- 1- 3 years of investment experience
Deliver Results and Meet Team Expectations
Attention to detail
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional detail orientation and time management abilities including strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work ethic
- Organizational planning
- Listening skills
- Openness to constructive feedback
- Able to develop strong working relationships with team members and clients.
- Able to work in a team well as independently.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete varying situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret relevant periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures translating these into reports and presentations.
- Excellent PC skills in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel with the ability to learn new programs quickly.
The physical demands required to perform the essential duties successfully are consistent with a professional office environment.
This position requires travel approximately 5% of the time. Most travel is within the local area and may be outside of normal work hours
This job description may be subject to change at any time.