Quantitative Regional Analyst - Santiago, Chile - #221524
7 days left
Do you want a career where you can make a real difference? At Principal, you can!
We work with a greater purpose in mind - to give people the financial tools and confidence to live their best lives. We take that to heart not only for our clients but also extend that to our employees.
By choosing to work at Principal, you will be a part of making a difference in the lives of customers and in communities. In addition, you can make a difference in your own life by joining a company that cares about its employees as much as it cares about its customers.
In this role, you will improve investment performance and investment decision making within Principal’s investment units in Chile, Mexico and Brazil. You will also improve Principal’s ability to create and analyze investment products and select investment managers in Latin America region. You will use quantitative methods, advanced mathematical models, operations research techniques, simulation and strong business acumen to deliver insight, recommendations and solutions for Principal investment business in Latin America.
- Improve investment performance and investment decision making within Principal’s investment units in Chile, Mexico and Brazil. Related projects are:
- Performance attribution including deeper investigation of current investment processes.
- Conduct Risk factor analysis of portfolios
- Develop systematic trading strategies: back test, adapt to local market realities, and implement strategies such as Global multiple factor, arbitrage, relative value
- Create and set up centralized data platform and modeling tool: macro and market data, charting, back testing etc
- Use of more sophisticated approaches like neural networks or big data for the analysis of individual markets or trading strategies
Improve Principal’s ability in Latin America to create and analyze investment products and select investment managers.
Related projects are:
- Analyze the execution of investment mandates by internal and external investment managers
- Contribute to the design of investment products, including research, back testing, optimization, etc.
- Analyze and select vehicles and managers for new products
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Mathematics and/or Statistics required.
- MBA or CFA preferred
- 3 to 5 years, preferably in investments working with applications such as Aladdin, Bloomberg, Matlab, open source software, etc.
- Fluent in English required, Spanish and Portuguese are a plus
Abilities and Skills:
- Analytical thinking, reflective learning agility, ability to work with, manipulate and analyze data. Good communication skills, understand the language and concepts of investment and technology, build strong partnerships and change management culture
Investment Code of Ethics:
You will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers personal trading activities for you and members of your household.
PGI Investment Pay and Benefit:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive local compensation package
- Competitive Health Benefit package
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
This position is eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal Chile, if needed.
- Position will be initially located in Santiago, Chile
- After 2-3 years, location could be evaluated according to business need.
- Availability to travel regularly to Mexico and Brazil, and when necessary to the United States.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.