Regional Director, German Institutional Sales
The Regional Director will support and expand personal and professional relationships with institutional investor clients and prospects across Germany (DACH regions), and will work closely with colleagues throughout Dimensional to meet those objectives. The role will require you to develop relations with German speaking institutional clients, either based out of our Berlin office, Amsterdam office, or our EMEA head office in London.
- Proactive sales - Develop and crystalize new business opportunities by identifying, making contact and creating dialogue with new investors and ultimately generate new assets for the firm
- Know your Prospects and our Clients - Maintain a deep understanding of our investors: for example, but not limited to; Funding sources, Liability structure, Investment strategy, Decision making processes and the Decision makers
- Develop, coordinate and implement marketing and sales and client service programs for institutional clients and prospects across Germany (DACH region)
- Work with senior Institutional Services team members to fully develop all opportunities across the region
- Partner with colleagues responsible for developing consultant relationships
- Provide constructive feedback on strategies and trends to the executive, sales and investment management teams
- Lead complex technical investment discussions with a sophisticated audience
- Act as an intellectual contributor and a trusted advisor to our prospects and clients
- A minimum of 8-10 years of investment experience, ideally gained from working at an institutional asset manager in a sales and client service capacity
- Experience working with institutional clients such as; pension funds, corporates, defined contribution clients, and insurance companies etc.
- A strong sense of professional and personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Demonstration of initiative, accountability and a focus on delivering consistent quality work
- Commitment to the philosophy and process underlying Dimensional's investment approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly with regards to conveying technical investment approaches and key selling points in a clear and compelling manner
- An extensive knowledge of the institutional investment business
- Ability to prioritize and to exercise time management
- A strong academic background is required; MBA and/or CFA would be beneficial but not essential
- A proven track record and history of success raising assets is required
- Desired languages; German native and English (fluent in speaking and writing) other European languages would be an advantage
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.