- Oversee cash balances and cash flow activity for equity and fixed income accounts. Evaluate data and communicate with other investment staff to ensure proper trading and settlement timing. Review trading activity to verify consistency with cash flow details. Act as primary contact for cash and FX related data. Drive firm-wide cash practices and policies. Assess impacts to cash management resulting from non-cash issues, changing business practices, or process gaps.
- Manage currency in equity and fixed income accounts. Monitor balances and related cash flow and trading activity to identify currency needs. Raise FX orders on the back of trading and to cover cash flows or to repatriate balances resulting from income or corporate actions.
- Manage hedging strategies for equity, fixed income and asset allocation strategies. Calculate, generate and route FX orders, roll forward positions, monitor exposure, and evaluate results of hedging strategies. Evaluate trading costs, settlement issues, and trading strategies. Identify and implement appropriate customized investment hedging strategies and processes for new mandates.
- Lead and participate in projects impacting cash and currency management, including but not limited to monitoring of surplus cash investment vehicles, development of cash and FX systems and processes, and governing of FX standing instructions.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic excellence.
- Minimum of five years' experience working within front / middle office roles.
- Exposure to FX is essential.
- Ability to analyze a variety of information, to quickly draw relevant conclusions, and to summarize and communicate results effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to ask for and assimilate communication from multiple parties to make pertinent trading decisions is paramount.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Open-minded, logical, determined, and highly ethical along with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and strong analytical skills.
- Progress toward the Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA) or a desire to complete the CFA.
- An investment mindset and a passion for financial markets.
- Experience with equity and/or fixed income modeling.