Audit Senior Manager Japan ISG
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities trading, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
II. Global Internal Audit Department
Within Morgan Stanley, Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm's internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit comprises Business and Technology auditors. Business auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analyzing and testing the controls to protect the Firm's franchise.
The Asia Internal Audit Department is responsible for audits across all Morgan Stanley businesses in the region. The audits are designed to assess the adequacy of the control environment and to provide the Board Audit Committee and relevant regional committees with an independent assessment of risk across the Firm.
III. Job Description
Morgan Stanley is currently seeking an experienced auditor (Senior Manager) for its Tokyo-based Institutional Securities audit team covering the capital markets businesses for Japan as well as other regional audits across Asia, as appropriate. The role also involves maintaining client relationships within a defined portfolio of businesses or departments. The person in the role will assist the Internal Audit Department's Institutional Securities audit team in performing risk assessment, monitoring and planning; executing audits; communicating to senior management those areas requiring control enhancements; and providing recommendations for improvements. Audited functions include: front to back investment banking, sales and trading activities and processes for one or more of the divisions (equities, fixed income and commodities trading), together with operations, financial accounting, compliance and legal protocols; as well as other aspects of the Institutional Securities business.
Based in Tokyo and reporting to the Japan Institutional Securities Audit Coverage Manager , this role is responsible for performing risk assessments and assisting in planning, executing and reporting on integrated financial and technology audits with involvement in the following areas
- Perform ongoing risk assessment, monitoring and planning through interacting with our key stakeholders.
- Plan and perform business audits across Asia with a primary focus on Japan.
- Communicate effectively with management and staff at all levels, both locally and overseas.
- Co-ordinate with auditors within the team and around the globe on multi-region audits to ensure timely and effective completion.
- Discuss and finalize audit findings with auditees.
- Draft concise audit issues and reports.
- Verify the closure of audit issues and actions.
- Be consistent in applying strong internal audit methodology standards.
- University degree in a business discipline e.g. Finance or Accounting. Master's degree or professional qualifications (e.g. CPA/CA, FRM, CFA) will be an advantage . 6-10 years of relevant experience with professional accounting firms or financial institutions. Have a good understanding of capital markets, sales and trading processes and internal controls. Good knowledge of financial instruments and derivative products. Experience in Operations Control/ Risk Management/ Finance/ Product Control will also be considered. Excellent communication skill in English is essential. Japanese language is not mandatory but strongly preferred; Korean language will also be an advantage . Strong analytical skills. A team player with ability to work independently. Thorough in work, attention to detail and uncompromised in quality. Most importantly - integrity, self-motivated, eager to learn, courage to withstand push-back and a good sense of professional skepticism.