Head of Internal Audit
Managing the audit team and leading delivery of the audit plan, you'll execute the audit strategies as set for Group Internal Audit. This will include supporting bank-wide risk assessments that ensure audit activity is aligned to the assurance needs of a growing bank, and enabling relationships with the senior leadership team. Overall, you'll focus on ensuring audit best practice, building a culture of high performance, developing and optimising your team and championing Internal Audit as an objective, independent and critical business partner.
What we are looking for
• Ideally of graduate calibre or proven track record in industry
• Relevant qualifications (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CFA, CIIA etc.).
• Experience of leading internal audit teams in a dynamic financial services or banking environment.
• In-depth knowledge of audit methodologies
• Data analytics capability
• Current working knowledge of UK regulation and PRA/FCA areas of regulatory focus.
• Ideally experience of auditing risks across retail banking products such as residential and commercial mortgages, asset finance, retail savings and treasury etc.
• Strong leadership capabilities key to optimising the performance of a team and building credibility across the organisation.