This analyst role provides support to a financial advisor within the Private Banking & Investment Group at Merrill Lynch on a team that is growing over +20% year-over-year and manages over $3.5 billion in assets. An analyst is expected to develop relationships with clients, understand their financial needs and provide solutions to help them meet their financial goals. You will identify solutions that support our clients’ growth through investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Analysts will work together with the financial advisor, CPAs, and estate experts, to make recommendations for generational wealth transfer, asset protection, and philanthropic giving. Analysts will conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual performance analysis for a variety of fixed income, equity, hedge funds, and private equity. An analyst may be expected to conduct company specific research, industry research, historic trends, and an understanding of financial metrics and regulatory/legal restrictions that may impact the portfolio. Other duties include tracking major indices and concentrated portfolio holdings, equity strategies, private equity capital calls, venture capital distributions, etc.; will have to distribute and explain data to team members.
An individual applying for this role should be organized, efficient, detail oriented and most importantly - a team player. This person should be open to being challenged and working in a fast paced environment on one of the top teams in the space. We are seeking professionals with a robust understanding of the markets who have strong attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service – which are all crucial to maintaining and enhancing our business.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Genuine interest in financial markets and macro-level economic trends
- Superior analytical skills – both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Highly inquisitive, focused and pro-active
- Good judgment and discretion when working with confidential information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, yet collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Series 7 and Series 66 registration (or willingness to obtain within the first 6 months of employment)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience in private wealth management or at another financial firm
- In Chartered Financial Analyst (Level I, II, III or candidate) or Certified Financial Planner program
- Professional Designation: CFA, CFP, etc.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time