Associate, Derivative Solutions
This role will be working under the Derivative Solutions business.
Overview of the role
An opportunity to join a fast growing and entrepreneurial investment management business which forms part of a larger group of financial service providers.
The successful applicant will work within a close-knit team, and will be exposed to all aspects of Derivatives Operations whilst expanding his/her knowledge of other business areas within the division.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Graduate from a top tier university with the desire to be successful in his/her chosen career path. The right attitude is essential in order to add value to our Derivatives team. The following attributes are also essential:
- Diligent and highly-motivated
- Self-disciplined and capable of working to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under own initiative
- Flexible and reliable
- Team oriented
- Good skills in working with PCs and on-line systems
- Intermediate Level experience of Excel/MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assisting portfolio management team in designing and execution of client strategies
- Assisting on producing client quarterly strategy reports, with the view to taking ownership of process
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to provide timely answers to internal and external queries.
- Maintenance and development of models and internal tools used by the front office.
Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate of high calibre with excellent mathematical/quantitative abilities
- Desire to complete professional qualifications a plus (CFA/Actuarial)
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years' relevant experience
Remuneration and benefits package:
In addition to offering a competitive salary, this position attracts the following benefits package:
- Basic salary reviewed annually
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive holiday entitlement increasing with tenure, ability to buy extra holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Commitment to personnel development including professional study support to complete appropriate qualifications and in house training.
River and Mercantile Group operate as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on merit, irrespective of race, colour, age, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. This assumes that the applicants are fit and able to undertake the job. All appointments are subject to the right to work in the UK, satisfactory references; a personnel vetting check; and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Standard Disclosure Check.
Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual's ability for the safe and effective performance of a job.