PayPal: Treasury Manager
Candidates MUST apply using the link below for consideration:
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal Treasury is looking for a highly analytical and driven individual with a strong quantitative background and relevant experience to help with all aspects of corporate finance analysis. This role reports to the Director of Corporate Finance within the Treasury team. The successful candidate will drive decision making around allocation of PayPal’s capital, recommend funding strategies, and execute related transactions.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Evaluate, structure, and execute capital markets transactions, including financings and hedging/derivatives strategies
• Capital structure modeling: Advise management on optimal capital structure and capital allocation strategies and related financing options through use of forecasting models and senior management presentations; Develop financial performance measurement models for PayPal’s business units to drive efficiency around allocation of capital investment dollars
• Free cash flow forecasting: Manage statement of cash flows and balance sheet forecasting infrastructure; identify business drivers around working capital usage with a focus on forecasting and improving working capital usage
• Balance sheet management: Help define and manage interest rate and other financial risks on the balance sheet; recommend and execute strategies to manage such risks
• Financial Flexibility Management: Quantify impact of business strategies, M&A, and shareholder return and other corporate actions on long term liquidity, financing needs & credit ratings implications
• Debt management and execution: Oversee operational, reporting, and disclosure deliverables associated with current or future debt funding activities
• Share Repurchase program management and execution: Oversee modeling of expected dilution from equity compensation programs; recommend and execute strategies to offset dilution and return excess capital to shareholders
• Mergers & Acquisitoins: Support the PayPal Mergers & Acquisition team on all deals from a Treasury Due Diligence perspective, funding, and deal execution
• Rating agency relationships: Maintain rating agency relationships through internal rating modeling and agency communications etc.
• Budget management: Collaborate with Treasury functions and Corporate FP&A to consolidate monthly Treasury Opex and PayPal OI&E forecast
• Support business units in financial evaluation of leasing proposals and other significant financing initiatives
• Lead and deliver ad hoc analysis and presentations as requested by senior management
• Identify KPI’s and build reporting infrastructure related to the above responsibilities.
• 3-6+ years in Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Strategic Planning, or similar area
• Experience with building and running complex financial models utilizing VBA and Macros, Data Modeling, and Statistical analysis
• Demonstrated experience in utilizing knowledge of accounting and forecasting concepts in developing financial projections with full sets of financial statements
• Ability to work independently, deal with ambiguity, and meet deadlines in a fast moving environment focused on results
• Self-starter with a desire to quickly learn and excel; willing and able to start, oversee, and complete projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to operate in a highly complex cross-functional matrixed organization structure to drive direction, decision making, and priorities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to present to senior management and other internal clients
• Work effectively with internal groups from disparate disciplines outside of span of control, as well as external consultants
• Comfortable working under pressure and able to multi-task and manage competing priorities
• Comfortable with using Corporate BI systems – familiarity with Bloomberg and SAP strongly preferred
• MBA and/or CFA preferred
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.