Senior Performance & Investment Data Analyst
Monthly Salary: $5,833.33 - $6,658.33
Job Posting Number: 1145
Salary Group: B24
Opening Date: 02/26/2018
Class Number: 1084
Closing Date: Open Until Closed
Position Number: 2025
Number of Openings: 1
To apply for positions at the Employees Retirement System of Texas, a State of Texas Application and ERS Qualifications Form are required. To access these forms and for more information on how to apply, visit our career page.
- Performance Measurement and Reconciliation
- The delivery of complex investment performance results to investment staff and management.
- Interact regularly with investment staff to research, analyze, and resolve queries. Identify and research discrepancies through to resolution.
- Prepare reports and respond to inquiries, on both a recurring and ad hoc basis, for internal and external clients.
- Assist risk team with the investigation of anomalies in attribution/contribution reports used in the analysis of performance
- Understand Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) implications relative to role.
- Data Management
- Monitor data feed from/into various systems, such as Bloomberg, FactSet, Eagle Investment Systems.
- Reconcile daily price exception, missing price & stale price reports. Research and resolve/explain exceptions.
- Oversee data and report management services provided by various service providers including custodian bank, consultants, and other analytics providers. Coordinate data collection, storage, quality control, and report storage.
- Recommend solutions to identified issues that will drive higher levels of data quality and completeness.
- Works closely with IS team on monitoring data file flow and on the resolution of data flow failures.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, economics, statistics or a related field is preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another, on a year for year basis, if experience includes full-time experience in accounting, financial analysis, investment performance measurement or related areas requiring compilation, reconciliation and/or analysis of detailed financial information.
- Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM) or CIPM candidate. Completion of Level 1.
- Three (3) years’ experience full-time in performance measurement and analysis.
- Two (2) years’ experience in data management or monitoring the integrity of data used in complex systems, especially performance systems. (Experience may be concurrent.)
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
5. Experience using Bloomberg, FactSet and Eagle STAR and PACE or other data warehouse.
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
36A – Financial Manager
31 – Financial Management
FIN10 – Finance
3404 – Financial Management Officer
8844 – Financial Management Specialist
6F0X1 – Financial Management and Comptroller
65FX – Financial Management
65WX – Cost Analysis
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description. http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989