Product Specialist - Fixed Income
Jupiter is one of the UK's leading fund management companies. Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs) but also for institutional clients, through separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sweden, Italy and Spain.
Jupiter is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunities employer.
Primary focus on servicing of existing clients, maintaining and developing collateral, broadening the client base:
- Work closely with the Fund Management team to understand strategy and ensure it is represented well and accurately in all client communications.
- Maintain a high level of technical fluency across all relevant products and an ability to explain performance drivers, portfolio positioning and market outlook. Develop an ability to anchor product communication.
- Keep up to speed on market trends and competitor developments.
- Act as gate-keeper for all client-related requests, working closely with Sales/Marketing to determine the best strategy for interacting with clients across different channels and geographies, whilst using Fund Manager time wisely.
- Build strong relationships with Sales teams and act as a primary point of contact for client queries.
- Contribute to Sales team training/advice - to ensure good product awareness and knowledge within Distribution.
- Interact with Risk, Compliance, Operations and IT to facilitate smooth infrastructure around the product where this has a bearing on product definition and client communication. Make sure that internal processes are in place and data is accurate in order to scale up the communication.
- Work with the Client Reporting team to ensure accuracy of fund information and that it is available in a timely fashion for clients.
- Checking monthly fund information and approve the data for external use.
- Regular internal communication on latest relevant fund updates.
- Adopt an innovative approach to communication and participate in the write-up of external publications.
- Work closely with Presentations, Investment Writing, Marketing, PR and RFP teams, to ensure excellence in client communication.
- Work closely with a select team of Product Specialists across other asset classes to help ensure effective relationships between the Investment floor and Global Distribution.
- Act as a back-up to other product specialists in the team.
- Develop understanding to a point of being able to represent the strategy as a credible investment expert at client meetings and marketing events, across all client segments - including retail, private wealth, family office, private banking, institutional, and consultant.
- Proven relevant Product Specialist/Portfolio Manager/Investment Strategist/Portfolio analytics or related experience (fixed income) resulting in a strong understanding of the Fund Manager role.
- Familiarity with the asset management industry, client trends, competitor landscape, regulatory and operational frameworks.
- Strong Fixed Income knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good written abilities and a flair for presenting; ability or willingness to develop skills in adjusting register depending on nature of client and size of audience.
- Business acumen.
- Perceptive and able to understand perspectives/requirements of investors, sales people and clients.
- Happy to travel.
- Flexible working approach and good stamina.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills - capable of working to deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Very strong data numeracy and competence with manipulating data in Excel and Bloomberg.
- Understanding of the sales process and ability to engage proactively to build the business.
- Language skills are preferable.
- Experience in working with portfolio management systems an advantage.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- CFA, MBA or relevant investment qualification is preferable
- IMC qualification or willingness to acquire essential.