Vice President/Senior Analyst
MJ Hudson, the asset management consultancy, helps fund managers and fund investors operate more efficiently and invest more successfully. Working with fund managers, investors and advisers in both traditional and alternative assets allows us to see issues from all sides and advise our clients accordingly. The firm's services include law, fund management solutions, international fiduciary, investment advisory, and IR & marketing.
From our offices across Europe's major asset management centres, our team of 125 professionals works for clients managing and advising more than £700bn of assets. The firm has expertise in all asset classes, including equities, fixed income, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, energy, and credit.
MJ Hudson is one of the fastest growing consulting firms in asset management. The size of the team has more than doubled in the last 24 months and there are advancement opportunities across the firm.
MJ Hudson operates out of offices in London, Jersey, Guernsey, Zurich, and Luxembourg and has 5 operating divisions:
- Law - Focusing on multiple asset classes within the Alternatives sector
- Investment Advisory - Allenbridge (www.allenbridge.com)
- Fund Management Solutions - Management, operation and regulatory structuring - a full scope Fund Management outsourcing solution
- International Fiduciary - Guernsey based fiduciary arm
- Investor Relations & Marketing - London based consultancy with international clients (including MJ Hudson)
· 7 + years' relevant experience in investment research or other analytical role in at a financial institution or investment consulting firm;
· Knowledge of investment management strategies and analytical techniques
· Experience in analysing private credit/equity/illiquid strategies preferred;
· Strong financial statement analysis skills;
· Solid experience writing high quality research reports for external consumption.
· Knowledge of UK pension fund market and/or UK insurance market beneficial.
· Top class undergraduate degree or equivalent from a leading university;
· Qualified or part-qualified accounting, CFA, CAIA or Actuarial qualification preferred;
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to think laterally;
· Superior communication skills, both written and verbal;
· Ability to independently carry out and manage both investment and operational due diligence meetings;
· Technologically adept and able to work with proprietary research systems;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Results-oriented, proactive and highly organised;
· Strong people skills and team player.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the UK.
Candidates must be physically located in the UK and available for interviews.
Candidates should upload CV and Cover Letter