SRI Analyst Sovereign Credit
As CANDRIAM's SRI Analyst Sovereign Credit, your role will include:
- Performing analysis of developed and emerging market sovereign and quasi-sovereign issuers as regards the environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities based on Candriam's unique and proprietary sustainability analysis methodology;
- Contributing to the development and enhancement of Candriam's sovereign sustainability analysis model in order to effectively integrate ESG analysis into the investment process across fixed income asset classes with a focus on emerging markets;
- engagement with quasi-sovereign issuers on ESG topics;
- working collaboratively with your fellow analysts and financial managers to assess the materiality or financial impact of ESG factors on a sovereign and quasi-sovereign issuers' long-term value;
- conducting research on ESG-related topics, identifying ESG trends and supporting ESG thought leadership research both internally and externally;
- undertaking and publishing ESG articles, reports and draft presentations (to service our international offices and clients) on Candriam's ESG process or bespoke thematic issues.
The ideal applicant:
- holds a Master degree (or equivalent) in economics, finance, engineering, (environmental) sciences… ; advanced degree in related field (CFA, …) is an advantage.
- Previous product knowledge and professional experience in credit analysis or sovereign rating (+/- 3 years) with a strong interest in and understanding of ESG topics and their relevance for sovereign and quasi-sovereign valuation, is essential; Emerging market experience is a plus.
- has strong verbal and written communication skills;
- has strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), knowledge of VBA, SQL or other is an advantage;
- is showing an aptitude for working with and manipulating data for analysis;
- is a team player;