Associate Manager – Benchmark Rates Setting Control
4 days left
- Responsible to run/oversee the BAU controls, reporting and escalation process for the post-submission validation of benchmark rates submitted by the bank.
- Daily input of the bank’s submitted rates and fixings from the calculating agent into a central database.
- Check the flagged variances on a daily basis, and follow up with the various submitting desks for clarification.
- Check that all submitted rates are in accordance to the hierarchy of evidence prescribed by the various regulatory bodies.
- Escalate identified issues to the line manager, and actively liaise with stakeholders to close out the issues related to benchmark rates submission monitoring.
- Act as the main Benchmark Rates Setting Control’s representative on various governance committees with respect to benchmark rates submission.
- Provide timely updates and management information to various committees and key stakeholders.
- Research best market practices, and keep abreast of regulatory changes with respect to benchmark submissions.
- Pro-actively improve and automate the current processes.
- Preparation of monthly reports for senior management review.
- Assess the impact of regulatory changes, and implement additional controls on a need-be basis.
Provide feedback (from VC’s perspective) on methodologies used for rate submissions, and for the identification of threshold variances.
- Educated to degree level; preferably with a Finance / Business / Financial Engineering background / Masters Degree in a quantitative subject. CFA / FRM are an advantage.
- Strong IT skills. In particular Excel, VBA, and SQL.
- 3 to 4 years of experience on Global Markets treasury products (preferably in Middle Office Control / Operations / Market Data Control)
- Ability to work under constant pressure to tight deadlines, and deliver high quality output.
- Lateral thinker who is a strong team player with ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels both written (report and guideline writing) and verbally.
- Analytical and challenging mindset.