The client relationship and portfolio management executives in CCM are divided into five teams: Charities; Discretionary Fund Management (DFM) serving independent IFAs; and three Private Client teams.
This role is as a member of one of the Private Client teams, Team Anderson. The team comprises 20 Portfolio Managers and support staff and services the needs of 500 family groups with total assets of over £5 billion.
In addition to their client responsibilities, team members are active in a significant number of new business initiatives and investment roles.
Overview of role
Playing an appropriate role in the CCM investment process, preferably with a focus on research and analysis of listed equities, making full use of the resources of the Schroder group.
To fulfil the role and duties of a Portfolio Manager including:
• Managing, either directly or in conjunction with the Director/Departmental Director and Portfolio Director, client relationships and individual wealth clients portfolios in line with appropriate and agreed Strategic Asset Allocation, benchmarks and restrictions.
• Assisting senior Portfolio Directors fulfil the same role with respect to their clients. To include:
• helping prepare for client meetings
• follow-up actions including recording suitability
• assisting with the portfolio management of client portfolios
• providing general, close, day-to-day support as required
• Gaining a full understanding of the client's inter-family relationships, individual circumstances, risk profile, investment objectives, specific restrictions and resulting mandates.
• Within each asset class, recommending and actioning any changes to underlying securities and/or funds in line with appropriate models and funds buy-list.
• Reporting to the client in a timely and professional manner.
• Actively marketing and developing profitable new client relationships both internally and externally.
• Reacting to all client related enquiries in a timely manner and maintaining a record of responses.
• Meeting with clients regularly and minuting meetings and ensuring any action agreed is implemented.
• Identifying and converting new business opportunities.
• Managing and training assistant managers or associate managers on the team where applicable and ensure they attend client meetings.
• Taking primary responsibility for new client set-up, sign off and maintenance in a timely fashion (Inc. KYC, ML/DD suitability and restrictions).
• Undertaking regular reviews of the work of allocated to Administrative Assistant/Client Service Executive and where applicable Assistant Portfolio Manager to ensure that:
• Mandates are adhered to
• Risk profiles are respected
• Clients are treated fairly
• Suitable revenue from Cazenove Capital's clients is achieved
• Performance dispersion is minimised across client base when mandate/risk profile similar
• Contributing to the aims of the business by participating in other investment, business development and business process initiatives as required.
Experience of acting as a fit and proper person to perform the CR5 and CR8 functions as defined by the Certification Regime.
To have passed an appropriate Level 7 qualifications such as Chartered Wealth Manager or the Chartered Financial Analyst exam.