Credit Analyst - US Middle Markets
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world's major financial institutions. Managing and advising EUR 580 billion in assets as at 31 March 2017, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. With close to 700 investment professionals and 600 client servicing specialists, BNP Paribas Asset Management serves individual, corporate and institutional investors in 75 countries around the world. Since 2002, BNP Paribas Asset Management has been a major player in sustainable and responsible investing.
- Perform advanced financial statement analysis and cash flow projection modeling.
- Conduct thorough credit analysis, including the identificaiton of signfiicant business, industry and financial strengths and risks.
- Prepare full credit write-ups, detailing credit strengths, risks and mitigants, as well as investment recommendations.
- Present analysis to credit committee, providing a comprehensive view on each investment opportunity.
- Assist senior analyst in the preparation of credit documentation and other tasks as needed.
- Undertake ongoing critical monitoring of portfolio positions, including changes in views, using company and industry information and correspondence with corporate issuers and rating agencies
- Generate investment ideas and advise on timing for positions based on fundamental events and/or news flow.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain industry opinions and produce periodic reviews.
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Analytical skills: Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Individual is driven by the desire to learn.
- Ability to summarize: Identifies and presents key information. Gives his /her point of view by structuring and summing up all useful elements. Shows the ability to put things in perspective, and is able to support opinions under the scrutiny of peer review.
- Results Driven: Seeks to achieve the objectives set within the defined timeframe, by acting with tenacity and by balancing costs and benefits. Continuously seeks optimum performance.
- Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and /or across teams, acts with understanding of common interests and respect for fellow team members.
- Communication Skills: Expresses his/her message, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate for the audience being addressed.
Academic Background and Experience:
- Minimum of three years of credit analysis experience.
- In-depth understanding of fundamental credit analysis, including ability to research industry sectors, competitive position, financial statements and financial notes. Strong credit analysis skills particularly in company financial statement analysis.
- Familiarity with modeling cyclical sectors through cycles. Experience should include intensive analysis of company financial reporting such as annual reports, 10K, 8K, 20F and quarterly/semiannual financial reports.
- Must be comfortable with mathematical concepts and financial modeling, as well as accounting rules and procedures. Strong quantitative skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline.
- CFA Charter holder preferred.
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume utilizing the online application process. Equal Opportunity Employer.