Sr. Audit Analyst
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) provides a variety of investment and trust services to various Florida governmental entities. A key responsibility is to manage the assets of the Florida Retirement System Pension Plan, which is one of the largest public pension plans in the United States. The SBA’s primary focus is on investment management as it does not administer pension plan benefits. The SBA is responsible for administering the FRS Investment Plan (a defined contribution plan), the Lawton Chiles Endowment Fund, the Local Government Surplus Funds Trust Fund (currently known as Florida PRIME), the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund and a variety of smaller funds.
At the SBA, we recognize that it is the talented colleagues behind our investment and trust management services who enable us to prudently balance risk and rewards and adhere to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. We are committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing both to our knowledge pool and to the ethics and integrity that underscore our services.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Senior Audit Analyst III. The successful candidate will be responsible for assurance and advisory projects, follow-up audits and special projects according to the comprehensive internal audit plan or as assigned.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducting engagements in accordance with The Institute of Internal Auditors Internal Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards), plans projects and conducts fieldwork
- Assisting with the Annual Risk Assessment
- Assisting with the coordination of Quarterly Audit Committee Meetings
- Performing other tasks assigned by the Chief Audit Executive and Manager of Internal Audit
What you should have
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in finance, accounting, statistics, business administration, computer science, MIS or related area and three years of experience in related field or a master’s degree in a related field and two years of experience.
- Related professional experience in respective field may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required college education
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or actively pursuing one of these certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards, including the IIA Standards and COSO framework and related principles
- Thorough understanding of governance, risk and control appropriate to the organization
- Strong data analytics skills
- Proficient in preparing visual analytics, dashboard using Tableau and/or other software
- Extensive Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Visio, Access and Project)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Solid organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to perform at a high level in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines
- Ability to research and summarize key points effectively
- Masters of Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, MIS, or Computer Science degree
- Possession of a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Investments and Derivatives Auditor (CIDA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Investment Knowledge
What we offer
The SBA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.