Sr. Quantitative Investment Analyst
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) provides a variety of investment and trust services to various Florida governmental entities. A key responsibility is to manage the assets of the Florida Retirement System Pension Plan, which is one of the largest public pension plans in the United States. The SBA’s primary focus is on investment management as it does not administer pension plan benefits. The SBA is responsible for administering the FRS Investment Plan (a defined contribution plan), the Lawton Chiles Endowment Fund, the Local Government Surplus Funds Trust Fund (currently known as Florida PRIME), the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund and a variety of smaller funds.
At the SBA, we recognize that it is the talented colleagues behind our investment and trust management services who enable us to prudently balance risk and rewards and adhere to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. We are committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing both to our knowledge pool and to the ethics and integrity that underscore our services.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Senior Quantitative Investment Analyst III. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of new models for investment performance analysis, ad hoc requests and reporting using Crystal Reports, Excel, Eagle Pace, Eagle DataMart and other applications. The successful candidate will also function as the investment performance and risk liaison between Risk Management and Compliance and asset class Senior Investment Officers and will train other departments in how to review, extract and utilize data from Eagle Pace, DataMart and Private i Analyst for their own use and provide technical assistance in resolving discrepancies.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining expertise in the Eagle Pace performance and risk model, Eagle DataMart data warehouse, risk systems, Bloomberg, Private I Analyst and other systems used by Performance and Risk Analytics
- Overseeing processes to ensure that market value and return data is properly loading into the Eagle Pace performance and risk model and the eagle DataMart data warehouse
- Developing and automating processes to ensure data integrity and synchronization between the Eagle Pace performance and risk model and the DataMart data warehouse
- Overseeing process to ensure that benchmark returns, market values and cash flows are properly loaded into the Private i Analyst system
- Evaluating the need for new or enhanced model and report development processes and implement as needed
- Developing and maintaining expertise in the technical concepts used in performance methodology for rate of return, contribution to return, risk measurement, and attribution reporting
What you should have
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in statistics, finance, mathematics, economics, analytics, data science, management information systems, computer science or similar degree
- Minimum of four years of related professional experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: R programming language, performance calculations, risk statistics or performance attribution
- Related professional experience in respective field may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required college education.
- A master's degree in one of the specified fields or an MBA may be substituted for one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively define, implement and prioritize tasks and demonstrate flexibility necessitated by changing priorities
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities; willingness to work until the task is completed successfully
- Skilled in project management with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Strong results orientation: concern for quality expressed by continually initiating system and process improvements
- Exercise initiative and work independently
- Strong computer literacy (with emphasis on MS Excel, database applications, programming and reporting) and analytical skills (including attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency); ability to look at extensive amounts of data and identify errors
- Exercise professional judgement in decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Strong understanding of calculations required for performance and risk management, analysis and reporting; interest in and understanding of financial markets and investment strategies
- A CIPM or CFA designation
- Experience with one or more of the following: R programming, performance calculations, risk statistics or performance attribution
What we offer
The SBA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.