GF - Senior Audit Manager (Quality Assurance, Institutional Client Group)
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18000011
- OD Job Number: 0150012
- Business / Function: Internal Audit
- Division: Quality Assurance
- C Level / Functional Title: C14 Senior Vice President
- Location: Singapore / APAC
- Reporting to: Director, QA ICG
Citi's Internal Audit (IA) division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. IA is a change agent within Citi to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
IA maintains a Quality Assurance (QA) function that reports to the Citi Chief Auditor. The QA function provides independent assurance that IA has achieved and is maintaining appropriate standards of internal audit delivery (set against both IA's own internal standards and the Standards and Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors).
The role involves close liaison with the global audit teams to ensure appropriate understanding, access to and the correct application of the IA methodology. In this role you will be partnering with the audit teams responsible for CPB globally, and GCG and ICG in APAC. Predominantly this role is focused on the APAC region but also supporting the global QA team across all regions.
The role also involves supporting the Head of Audit in Singapore in providing assurance to the local Board Audit Committee and interactions with the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Operate independently as a QA partner across the product lines, forming partnerships at all levels within IA. Support the QA Director in fostering a strong QA partnership with the Chief Auditor for CPB and product Chief Auditors in the region
- Providing assurance over the quality of IA's work via formal QA products (e.g., Scorecards, Thematic Reviews, Hot reviews Site Reviews) and providing day to day support and guidance to APAC auditors on methodology-related matters
- Be a change agent in the continuous improvement program to deliver and maintain a best in class QA function; sharing best practice and lessons learned with the APAC IA teams; developing tailored training as and when needed
- Assist in the review and improvement of global IA methodology and practices
- Assist the QA Director in the review of completed Risk Assessments, Quarterly Plan Refresh papers, and Quarterly Business Monitoring outputs for APAC, taking the lead and presenting results for review and discussion as part of picture for APAC
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Candidates should have at least 10 years of diversified experience, ideally including experience in auditing one or more of the product lines. This should be gained at a top tier investment bank or global commercial bank
- Must be proficient in risk and control analysis and audit concepts and skilled at analyzing root causes of problems and anticipating 'horizontal' issues
- This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style. Candidates must have effective persuasion skills, the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization, and will display highly effective networking and influencing skills
- Related certifications (e.g., CISA, ACA, ACMA, CPA, CFA or CIA) are a plus
- English language skills and any other language skills advantageous