Dynamic Markets - Portfolio Strategist
AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
The Dynamic Markets Team is a specialist macro cross-asset investment team within AMP Capital's Multi Asset Group. The team manages funds on behalf of external clients across institutional and retail accounts. Due to the growth of the fund we are seeking to add a Portfolio Strategist to the team. This person will provide technology and quantitative solutions to aid in managing multi-asset investment portfolios as well as develop analytics tools which will cover aspects ranging from investment ideas generation to trading and hedging strategies across all liquid asset classes.
- Developing and maintaining analytic tools to identify cross asset dislocations, risks and opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining analytic tools to analyse and identify top down investment opportunities in global markets
- Quantitative research in developing investment models across all asset classes (FX, Equity, Rates, Commodity, Credit)
- Research, develop and build proprietary technical trading indicators/models
- Assistance in the development of user friendly tools and Graphical User Interfaces for non-programmers
The successful candidate will;
- Have an in-depth understanding of global capital markets, investment analysis and various financial instruments.
- You will have at least 7 years' experience in an investment related role ideally with Macro trading, Cross Asset trading, and long/short and portfolio management experience will be highly regarded.
- You must also have a strong understanding of Bloomberg Professional Service and Bloomberg data structure.
- The successful candidate will be degree qualified and have or be studying toward CFA qualification.
- You will be collaborative, have excellent written and oral communication skills and be a strong team player.