Sr. Team Manager - Investment Performance & Competitive Analysis
3 days left
Charles Schwab is hiring a Sr. Team Manager – Investment Performance & Competitive Analysis in our Lone Tree, Co. location. More information is available at: http://schw.jobs/kAdu0#4CSHM
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc. (CSIA) is a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation and an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (CS&Co). This growing team of 30 dedicated investment professionals, with backgrounds ranging from quantitative financial research, investment manager due diligence, and portfolio management and trading, will have responsibility for managing Schwab Intelligent Portfolios (SIP). CSIA also conducts asset allocation research and performs manager research and evaluation of mutual funds, separate accounts, and ETFs for a variety of CS&Co products and services.
The Sr. Team Manager-Investment Performance Analyst is a member of the CSIA Performance Reporting team. In this role, you will provide oversight on all aspects of the performance reporting team and will have supervisory responsibilities of other members of the team
What you’ll do:
The Performance Reporting team will calculate, track, QA, and publish GIPS-compliant composite performance reports from relevant systems on a monthly basis. They will perform account-level and composite-level calculations to verify reported composite performance, and report accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual composite performance in a timely manner. They are responsible for the quality assurance of all performance metrics, support the preparation of GIPS-compliant marketing presentations, develop monthly composite dispersion reports with explanations of dispersions found, respond to performance-related inquiries from internal clients (e.g., Research, Sales, Marketing, Sr. Management), and perform monthly and/or quarterly performance attribution when required. Responsibilities will also include creating a strategy for moving non-GIPS compliant divisions to compliance, presentation of performance reports at required corporate governance and oversight committee meetings as well as to various other groups at Schwab and its affiliates, along with ownership and maintenance of all performance-related data and methodologies needed to support calculations and reasons for composite inclusion/exclusion, etc.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience highly desirable.
- Preference for CFA and/or CIPM qualification achieved or in progress a major plus
- Minimum 10 years in a performance analysis or performance attribution function within a financial services organization
- Experience with GIPS-compliant account- and composite-level performance calculation methodologies
- A solid, detailed understanding of performance and attributions calculations and methodologies, risk statistics and composite performance calculations
- High attention to detail and experience with rigorous quality control approaches
- Working knowledge of CAPS, Inc. or other performance calculation software
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, to interact with vendors, business partners, and senior management at Schwab
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF required
- Excellent problem solving and presentation skills to influence and build consensus among your team members
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and ensure successful implementation within established deadlines
- Independent judgement with strong analytical and risk assessment skills.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life