6 days left
Reporting to the Manager, Investment Operations the Portfolio Administrator will be the key person responsible for the daily investment administration of portfolios managed by iA Clarington.
• Monitoring and facilitating the settlement of Equity, Loan & Bond trades within those portfolios to ensure all information on the investments is reflected in the portfolio in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Maintaining the portfolios on the investment system. This would involve inputting entries, ensuring data is properly communicated to/from the system and generating reports.
• Perform Cash / Position reconciliations and Identify, Investigate and resolve any breaks / Portfolio Discrepancies.
• Working with other parties to ensure the smooth administration of the portfolios. This would include preparing and coordinating loan documents, KYC & Account opening documents with dealers and internal departments, investigating and resolving discrepancies and following up with the relevant parties.
• Supporting the AVP, Investment Operations with operational matters within the department. This may include assisting with the documentation of procedures, organizing proxy voting, trading reports and corporate actions, Coordinating private placements and producing performance reports.
• Assist with other work as required by members of the investment team and other projects as required.
• Perform other tasks as allocated by the Manager, Investment Operations.
• Must have 2+ years of office experience
• Experience in trade settlements, fund accounting or investment / custodial relationship
• A college or Bachelor’s degree;
• Completion of the Canadian Securities Course;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Proven organizational and time-management skills, with a sense of urgency and an ability to multi-task;
• Detail-oriented with strong numeracy skills;
• High level of proficiency with Excel and Word applications;
• Prior experience with Bloomberg would be an asset;
• Willingness to learn;
• Good teamwork skills;
• Reliable with a good sense of judgement.