• Provide primary analysis on specific investments allocated by the Portfolio Managers and CIO and provide shadow / secondary cover on some investments covered by other investment team members.
• Perform quality, rigorous analysis, maintaining a balanced focus between risk and reward, to generate creative investment ideas and credit research.
• Produce investment recommendations based on in-depth corporate credit analysis, across a range of defined sectors, industries, borrowers & issues.
• Work closely across the team to achieve the firm's and respective fund investment objectives.
• Performing financial company analysis, cash flow modelling, ratings analysis and sector analysis.
• Track and keep abreast of industry developments and company trends which could impact the investments within the fund..
• Assist in the origination, structuring and execution of bilateral investments.
The role would be a great opportunity for an individual who has developed their core financial analysis skills at a Ratings Agency or in a Ratings advisory function for an investment bank, and is looking to make the switch in to credit asset management.
To be successful, you MUST have the following attributes:
• Demonstrable fundamental financial analysis skills, with 5+ years of experience gained in a Ratings Agency, existing Buy-side environment or Big Four accountancy.
• Strong financial modelling skills.
• A deep and genuine interest in financial markets, corporate finance, economics and investment.
• A confident and persuasive communicator, with the ability to articulate investment concepts and ideas.
• A real ‘team player'.
• Advanced degree (MBA/MFIN) or professional qualification ACA/ACCA or CFA/CAIA qualified (or part qualified) preferred.
• Bachelors degree required in a numerate subject (science, technology, engineering or maths).
• English speaking role, candidates with a second European language preferred (German).
Please note the following:
• Sponsorship is not available for this role.
• Due to the high volume of applications, only selected applicants will be contacted.