Internal Audit Manager
The Internal Audit - team is in a substantial growth phase, and as a result we are looking for an experienced Internal Audit Manager with multiple industry experience to join our successful and growing team.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice. You can expect to work with top tier clients, addressing compliance, financial and operational risk, as well as perform internal control testing, develop internal audit plans, and provide internal audit services on an outsourcing basis. You will assess the client’s current state internal controls and framework in order to mitigate risk.
- Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures, especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues. You will work with the team and client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards. You will advise clients to understand and manage their business risks and verify the validity of their business information.
- Brief the engagement team on the client’s IA environment and industry IA trends. Maintain relationships with client management to manage service expectations, including timings and deliverables. You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance, financial and operational risks, along with performing internal controls testing and develop internal audit plans.
- Bring and utilize extensive knowledge of the client’s business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client’s business.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills and inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, through developing and coaching junior staff, delegating to team members.
- Maintain communication and updating of senior management on progress.
Skills and attributes for success
- A minimum of 7 years + experience ideally working for a professional services organization as an IA Auditor or IA Risk Advisor.
- Experience in risk assessment, mitigation and remediation.
- Capability to project manage engagements and lead fieldwork.
- Experience in IA to include compliance and advisory/performance-based reviews.
- Strong capability to develop junior staff, build high performing teams and effectively delegate with appropriate levels of support.
- Exceptional communication and report writing skills.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree qualification in finance, business, accounting or related discipline.
- Professional accreditations and qualifications will also be considered favorably (CPA, CISA, CA, CIA, CISM, CISSP, CBCP, CIPP).