Managing Director, Restructuring
In just a few years, FTI Consulting has grown to become one of the pre-eminent multi-disciplinary consulting firms in the world, helping clients to anticipate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as restructuring, reputation management, regulation, investigations and litigation.
We have been trusted advisors during some of the most memorable events in recent history, including disrupted presidential elections, international crises and landmark celebrity legal cases.
Given the nature of our work, our professionals have lived and operated behind the scenes and before the headlines, for nearly thirty years. Often invisible to the outside world but always integral to our client's success. Our wealth of experience and depth of expertise enables us to offer valuable insights into a range of critical business and economic issues with insight and independence.
About the opportunity
FTI today is the pre-eminent restructuring firm in the UK, working on the biggest and most high profile situations in the market. We understand what it takes to deliver value in stressed and distressed situations; it's always been our competitive advantage, with a deep bench of experienced professionals and business synergies.
FTI Consulting is the ideal platform for ambitious restructuring talent to build a world-class reputation. We are assertively investing in growth and are seeking out the best talent in the market as we continue to build upon our leading restructuring position globally.
FTI has dominated the US restructuring market for some years and we are now the leading player in the UK market. We firmly believe that the combination of our depth of talent and expertise, global footprint and freedom from audit conflict will enable us to shape the futures of restructuring professionals who want to be at the cutting edge.
The corporate finance and restructuring practice at FTI consulting EMEA focuses on financial, strategic, operational and capital needs of businesses. We are seeking senior individuals who can address a full spectrum of corporate restructuring, financial and transactional challenges faced by companies, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders. Our clients include all of the major global financial institutions, private equity houses, city law firms and many corporates.
Successful applicants will have a growing reputation in the restructuring community for managing complex multi-stakeholder and multi-jurisdictional restructurings across a wide range of industries. Adept at quickly ascertaining the key issues to help clients implement viable and sustainable restructuring solutions.
Typical Assignments include:
- Review of historical and forecast financial performance
- Evaluation of stakeholder positions
- Comprehensive options analysis and appraisal
- Stakeholder management and intermediation
- Management of negotiations from initial discussions to full documentation of agreed transactions
Our services are tailored to the specific circumstances, a combination of the following elements are often required:
- Assessment of the validity of market and strategic assumptions
- Evaluation of the management team and structure
- Review of historical and forecast trading performance
- Assessment of liquidity and related cash flow forecasts to understand and analyse the drivers of cash flow
- Evaluation of whether the business as adequate liquidity to continue operating normally, thereby allowing time for financial stakeholders to consider their options
- Assessment of debt capacity
- Evaluations of stakeholder positions
- Options analysis and appraisal
Skills and Competencies
- Previous experience working within a professional services firm ‘big 4' preferred but not essential
- Team player, with experience of managing multi- disciplined teams
- A natural facilitator with exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Analytical, numeric and structured in both verbal and written communication
- Results and action orientated, able to work in team and independently
- A relationship builder, with a confident and polished presentation style
- A pro-active networker, who can identify market trends, develop leads and win business
- A leadership style that is engaging, inspiring, non-hierarchal and focused on getting the best out of people and achieving the best result for the client.
Education and Qualifications
- 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a numeric subject
- ACA, ACCA, CFA or equivalent qualified
- 7 + years post qualification experience