Research Associate, Analytics and Infrastructure
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., a leading mid-tier investment bank, is currently seeking a research associate to support our Analytics and Infrastructure team. The position is located in our New York office and will support the Senior Analyst in the office.
Our ideal candidate has previously worked 1-2 years as an equity research associate covering any segment of the technology industry. Knowledge in the field of infrastructure software (virtual machines, containers, cloud, software design, testing, APIs, SaaS, etc.) and/or hardware (storage, networking, compute, etc.) is a plus.
While the ideal candidate has some exposure to equity research , we will also consider qualified candidates who have strong modeling skills and prior work experience analyzing or managing financial statements as part of an investment bank, a buyside or investment company, an accounting firm, or in an accounting or finance role within a finance department.
The research associate will work in conjunction with and support the lead analyst and another research associate on the team with all aspects of developing and marketing equity research products, including research reports, models, and industry analysis. The position demands a strong aptitude and intellect, independence, initiative, and entrepreneurship, as the associate will be working with a highly seasoned Wall Street team and gain responsibility over a broad array of financial model building and updating, report writing, and other duties. Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and ability to multi-task are also critical. Strong writing skills are a big advantage.
In addition to the above, we look for people who possess, or have the potential to possess, the following characteristics:
• Strong financial modeling, accounting, valuation, and quantitative skills. Associates are responsible for building and maintaining integrated I/S, B/S, and C/F models and for organizing and maintaining industry data
• Strong writing and analytical skills. Associates are responsible for writing and producing company initiations, equity research reports, and marketing presentations—often under very tight time constraints
• A passion for the stock market and equity research
• Strong sales and communication skills. As time progresses, associates will interact with internal sales and trading and external clients. Responsiveness and professionalism is important
• Ability to work independently and initiate and accomplish projects with minimal supervision. Aggressive self-starters with strong work ethic are highly desirable
• Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• PC skills: the position requires strong Excel skills and a fair command of Word, PowerPoint, Bloomberg and FactSet
• Most preferred are candidates with an MBA and/or CFA and/or BBA, or comparable graduate degree and already FINRA licensed (Series 7, 63, 86, 87); however we will consider other strong candidates without these credentials
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify in the subject line which position you are applying for; inquiries that do not specify will not be considered.