Enterprise Risk works closely with senior management and the business to:
- Develop and embed a risk management culture within Janus Henderson world-wide
- Benchmark and operate an effective global enterprise risk management framework that provides appropriate support to the business in making risk-based decisions
- Equip the business to effectively and efficiently manage their risks through the development of the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) system
- Ensure key risk information is reported and escalated appropriately to the Board Risk Committee (BRC), Executive Committee (ExCo) and other relevant governance committees
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the embedding of a culture of risk management throughout the business on a global basis by actively cultivating and maintaining key relationships, in particular with senior stakeholders. Manage the design of and maintain a robust training strategy and programme to support senior stakeholders and their teams in this objective and demonstrate to management the benefits to be derived from such a culture.
- Manage and input into the development, design, management and maintenance of Janus Henderson's enterprise risk framework, incorporating management tools, techniques and reports to support the business, ExCo, BRC and regulators. These include, but are not limited to: risk appetite, policy management, governance effectiveness oversight, horizon scanning, risk and control self- assessment, key indicators and internal and external risk event evaluation.
- Manage the on-going development and production of the Janus Henderson Global Holdings Asset Management Limited (HGHAML) ICAAP through the collation of risk data and coordination of operational risk workshops with senior stakeholders. Actively look to enhance the process and embed into day to day risk management decisions in the business.
- Represent Enterprise Risk in presentations to prospective and existing clients, committees and boards, as appropriate, and through membership of relevant control committees.
- Manage the development of a framework and approach for Enterprise Risk's support and challenge in relation to the firm's Strategy setting and strategic initiatives, to ensure that risks are properly considered in all material decisions.
- Develop, manage and maintain excellent and insightful reporting packs for all appropriate corporate and fund boards. Risk reporting needs to be focussed and drive management action where necessary.
- Develop and maintain a risk and control thematic/deep dive review framework and methodology. This will incorporate reviews in appropriate areas of the business, either in a standalone capacity or as part of the Combined Assurance Methodology (CAM) operated with Internal Audit and Compliance.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the GRC system. This will in part be through the delivery of an effective governance working group. Ensure that the Risk training programme includes appropriate materials and mechanisms to equip the business to effectively manage their risk profile through the system.
- Manage and co-ordinate processes required to demonstrate continuing effectiveness of Janus Henderson's control environment to meet the requirements of the Combined Code and the ‘Annual Report on Internal Controls' (ISAE 3402). Manage the implementation of a strategic global internal control standard for the firm.
- Maintain awareness of developments in enterprise risk techniques in the industry, provide ‘thought-leadership' to senior management on issues relevant to Janus Henderson's business profile and as a result, build enhanced frameworks and methodologies to enable risk management decisions.
- Develop and mentor more junior team members to ensure that development opportunities are maximised and appropriate levels of support are provided.
- Support the Enterprise Risk Team to discharge their responsibilities and cover in their absence.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level and holding a relevant professional qualification e.g. Accountancy, Risk Management, CFA etc.
- Approximately 5-8 years' experience within financial services
- Previous asset management experience required
- Previous operational risk experience required - the candidate should ideally have experience as a risk manager already.
- Previous strategic risk experience while not required would be beneficial.
- Strong relationship building attributes enabling solid relationships to be developed with all levels of the business
- Professional credibility gained through relevant risk experience
- The strength of character to be able to present risk management and compliance issues firmly to senior management and deliver appropriate challenge when necessary
- Pro-active team player who will be an ambassador for enterprise risk management across the firm and within the broader Enterprise Risk team
- Strong communication, reporting and presentation skills
- A multi-tasker who focuses on delivery with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and resilient - able to deal with pressurised situations, focusing on the task in hand and objective solutions
- The ability to act independently and influence a variety of stakeholders, including senior management, in order to achieve their objectives
At a minimum the role requires the individual to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson's Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
- Understand and comply with all relevant Janus Henderson policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time.
The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.