Senior Solutions Strategist, Client Strategies Group
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Do you think outside the box when others can't? Do people consider you a strategic thinker and strong communicator? Do you have a strong background in financial planning and experience with financial planning systems? What about a deep understanding of the Financial Advisor role? If you answered yes to these questions, the Senior Solutions Strategist role could be the right opportunity for you!
Department: Client Strategies Group - Solutions & CEI Consultation
The Client Strategies Group is responsible for leading the firm in ensuring our clients are on track to meet their financial goals. Solutions & CEI Consultation, a team within CSG, exists to lead the evolution from product-based to solutions-based advise by driving the strategy and adoption of the firm's goal-based financial planning tools and resources.
As a Senior Solutions Strategist, you will be in a role that combines the advice and guidance of the firm's Investment Policy Committee with our Edward Jones Insights Network to define the strategy for our goal-based financial planning tools and resources. This position plays a critical role in leading cross-divisional groups of leaders and associates to launch newly developed and/or enhanced financial planning tools to our 15,000+ branch teams. You will be relied upon as a deep subject matter expert on the firm's full suite of financial planning tools and how they're leveraged to help client's define their financial goals and identify solutions to keep them on-track.
You'll be joining a team of 7 high-energy associates (as part of a larger department with 50+ associates across two countries), with tenure ranging from years to decades, dedicated to personal development, inclusion and diversity.
Lead the effort to collaborate with leaders and associates from across the firm to define the strategy for our goal-based financial planning tools and resources to ensure sound application of our Client Need advice & guidance and alignment with client and branch insights
Utilize internal and external research sources to generate on-going and actionable insights and proven practices to inform enhancement recommendations and future goal-based tool development; partner with Solutions Tools on initial prototyping and field testing, and socialize with division and firm leaders
Lead cross divisional groups of leaders and associates to launch new and enhanced goal-based planning tools and resources; gain consensus to define measures of success for adoption and proficiency and monitor the execution of performance support, training, and communications to support the work.
Serve as a primary subject matter expert on the solutions-based appointment process and goal-based tools; support the integration through the firm's training and coaching organization & firm-wide and regional events through developing, reviewing, and approving key messages and source content.
Balance the demands of multiple complex projects simultaneously, with a high degree of visibility and urgency, often with overlapping timeframes and spanning multiple areas across the firm/division
May have responsibility for mentoring, providing feedback and coaching that helps the department and individuals improve performance
Qualifications Required in the Job: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* 7+ years of industry experience strongly preferred
* Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or similar masters-level degree preferred
* Series 7 & 66 required or attainable within 6 months of hire
* Certified Financial Planner (CFP^®) required or process to begin within 6 months of hire and must actively pursue consistent with department policy. Or – 7+ years of financial advisor experience required.
* Exceptional written, verbal, and communication skills – ability to simplify the complex
* Demonstrated strength and ability to present across all levels of the organization
* Advanced level understanding of the five Client Needs (Ex. Living in Retirement, Preparing for the Unexpected, etc.) and investment concepts, practices, and procedures used in the investment industry and financial planning process
* Expert level knowledge of all current and future goal-based planning tools and other branch and client-facing systems that support the solutions-based appointment process
* Able to synthesize high volumes of information from multiple sources to develop conclusions and recommendations
* Experience leading project teams of leaders and associates with different functional backgrounds and interests to achieve strong results