Position Summary: The role of the Investment Analyst is to conduct fundamental and relative value credit analysis, assisting the Investments team in managing AUM of $3 billion which mainly consists of fixed income investments in public corporates and private placements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide ongoing fundamental credit analysis of investments in the portfolio by accessing SEC filings, financial statements, issuer reports, management calls and third-party research to ascertain creditworthiness and articulate investment views.
• Screen and identify securities that meet the Investments team’s criteria for new investments, and provide ongoing due diligence of existing holdings to stay abreast of deteriorating credits.
• Execute securities transactions in public and private debt markets; support the Accounting Department in verifying transactions, gathering data for the annual audit review, generating reports and other duties.
• Collect and interpret a wide range of data (e.g. credit metrics, yield and price developments), presenting key findings to the team in order to make informed investment decisions.
• Gain a generalist’s insight into various asset classes and sectors, grasping fundamental trends and themes across public corporates, private placements, municipals, commodities, emerging markets, real estate, equities, et al.
• Proactively monitor portfolio risk and market developments; formulate opinions on sector and asset class exposures and rotations when warranted.
• Build quantitative tools to support the portfolio management process, utilizing new and existing systems (e.g. Bloomberg, State Street).
• Work on special projects and provide operational support as necessary.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external analysts, issuers, and other related parties, such as research analysts, investment bankers, brokers and other entities that offer securities.
• Enhance understanding of business, legal/compliance and accounting issues involved in the evaluation of investments.
• Maintain and update the team’s various models and spreadsheets (e.g. risk monitoring tools, key indicators, audit files).
• Participate in team meetings, investor conferences, issuer calls, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or quantitative math/science discipline with 3-6 years of credit analysis experience in the financial services industry. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Bloomberg. Candidates must have a proven ability to balance multiple projects and successfully meet deadlines. Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills. Must have strong analytical and organizational abilities, in addition to detail-oriented critical reasoning skills.