Emerging Markets Research Analyst
- Recommend Long and Short investment opportunities for inclusion in Global Emerging Markets Long Only and Long/Short portfolios to the Portfolio Manager within emerging markets with a focus upon South Africa and Asia excluding Japan
- Perform fundamental research and analysis to understand a company or industry, maintain financial models, conduct industry reviews, develop management and broker relationships
- Blend qualitative understanding of business models and industry structures with detailed quantitative company analysis to assist PM in reaching investment conclusions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- 8+ years analyzing companies in the public equity markets, preferably on the buy-side
- At least 4 years of experience with EM Equities, focused on South Africa and Asia.
- Must have strong experience performing in-depth financial analysis, analyzing earnings potential, cash flow generation and debt profile by building financial models, sum-of-the-parts, DCF calculations and updating industry, stock specific reports
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills with clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter attitude with a high level of enthusiasm for equity research
- The ability to perform under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications
- CFA or CFA candidate a plus